Menopause, ugh!

Alanna1961
Alanna1961 Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
Good morning! My first post here, it looks like a great place for support. First of all, I'm 55 and well into menopause. I have been taking black cohosh for about 6 months for severe hot flashes and night sweats. This morning I was re ordering on amazon, and in reading the reviews noticed a few complaining about weight gain. I can't lose a pound to save my soul!!! So....I googled it and yes, 90% of women report weight gain when taking black cohosh. Dang! It's the ONLY thing that has helped me! I also take estrovan along with black cohosh and have felt so much better. I don't know if I should continue with it, or stop and live with being miserably hot 24/7. Does anybody have any input???
Thank you for letting me vent!!

Oops, just noticed I posted in Success Stories. I'm new at this, sorry!!

Replies

• dgsocwrkr
    dgsocwrkr Posts: 9 Member
    Hi Alanna
    Fighting the menopause struggle here too. Happy to friend you and maybe we can motivate each other. I swear my metabolism has about shut down!
    Best wishes!
  • I've been having perimenopause symptoms since my early 30's. I'm now 42. Hot flashes and morning anxiety ahoy. Let me show you my beard.

I use progesterone cream to take the edge off. I'm realllllly tired of the hormonal upheaval.
  • sstrack123
    sstrack123 Posts: 171 Member
    51 and just began this wild ride a yr ago. I keep hearing about ashwagandha so I'm gonna give that a try! I am trying to beat the weight gain and crazy hormonal ups and downs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!