Second date: guy wants to go for a run

Options

Replies

• LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    If you like the guy and enjoy being active, then definitely do it. Get out of your comfort zone to experience new things.
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My second date was a gym date!! Just happened to find a guy who is as obsessed with training and logging MFP as I am!!
  • brettr23
    brettr23 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Do you like running?
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Lana_me wrote: »
    I think it's a cute idea. Different.
    But I would still pass.

You don't like running?

I hate running. And I wouldn't be able to keep a conversation up when I'm a sweaty mess. Second dates are to get to know the person.
  • brettr23
    brettr23 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think it's a cute idea. Different.
    But I would still pass.

You don't like running?

I hate running. And I wouldn't be able to keep a conversation up when I'm a sweaty mess. Second dates are to get to know the person.

I completely agree
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're not going to feed me on a second date, I don't see us having a future.

I agree. It almost feels like the guy is trying to get out of a proper date where he dines and wines you before sex.
    Unless he likes sweaty sex
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    I think he just wants to watch your body move!! From front or back sides!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    My wife and I's second date was going for a run. I'm not really too into running, but I was willing to give it a go. We've been married for going on 12 years and together for 17...we frequently engage in fitness activities as dates, though I never run with her...we usually cycle or go to the rock climbing gym or go for a hike.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're not going to feed me on a second date, I don't see us having a future.

Preach!!!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Did you talk about running on your first date? Did you meet in a runner's forum? If not, then I would probably suggest something else, especially since you said that you're not much of a runner anymore. You might want to check out athlinks or strava as part of your background check on him...
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to mention on the first date that you used to be a runner back in the day? I would invite a girl in a running date of she had mentioned that it was something that she had enjoyed at some point. It may just be that he was actually listening to you and he's trying to connect based on something you had said casually.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No running dates here.
    I don't think I would go running with someone as a 2nd date unless it was our shared passion. It wouldn't be for me because I am not a runner.
    It obviously doesn't appeal to you as you are coming here asking for input. What would you like to do with this person?
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Are you a runner?

I was back in high-school. Not any more to be honest.

That makes this a very odd date request. If you were both currently runners with similar speed (so you could talk while running), this would make more sense. As others have said, suggest going walking, hiking, kayaking, etc.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I think if it's a public spot, that would be fine. It could be he's simply seeing if you have common interests. I wish I would've asked my husband to go running at some point before marriage. LOL.

Who am I kidding, running is probably the only thing we don't have in common. He will run for beer and coconut rum, that's about it.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Girl., put on your thinking cap!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Just be honest with him OP. If you want to do it, sure. If you're not comfortable with that, just offer to go for a walk instead.

I mean, I can't run without hurting my foot, I can't imagine ever saying yes to a running date. But I'd totally be up for a long walk in a park (or a hike once I'm really comfortable with being alone with my date).
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Third date: She called the cops bro

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Getting up in the morning and going for a run, is my lady's euphemism for a better morning activity.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you don't like the idea of going on a run together. If you want to go on another date with this guy, offer another idea and see how he responds.

For me, it would not have been weird for my boyfriend to make a suggestion like this. We were introduced by a mutual friend at the gym where we both happened to be members, so we have seen each other working out/sweaty from the very beginning of our relationship. I think that was kind of a blessing because he's know what I look like without makeup/sweaty from the beginning. I think it took off some of the pressure to always look put together when you start dating someone new. We enjoy working out together, and we went on plenty of active dates from the get go. He runs at a faster pace than me, so when we go run at the same time we'll run our route in opposite directions so we cross paths.