Second date: guy wants to go for a run

Options

Replies

• Lana_me
    Lana_me Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    dazzler21 wrote: »
    Do it, Just let him know realistically your levels of fitness.

Or if you're the fitter one, show him up :wink:

I'm deffintely not the fitter one. Realistic evaluation of my level of fitness is out of shape.
  • Jen127bryan
    Jen127bryan Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Run for your life. You dont need that kind of negativity in your life.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Does he even lift?
  • Lana_me
    Options
    Does he even lift?

He - yes.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I think it's a cute idea. Different.
    But I would still pass.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I don't run unless someone is chasing me with a chain saw. So no I wouldn't go on a running date. lol
  • Lana_me
    Options
    I think it's a cute idea. Different.
    But I would still pass.

You don't like running?
  • Lana_me
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Do it. He probably wants to impress you with how fit he is.

Or most likely to evaluate how fit I am. Lol

• WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Are you a runner?
  • Lana_me
    Options
    Are you a runner?

I was back in high-school. Not any more to be honest.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of a hike instead. Then you can actually talk to each-other and enjoy the scenery.

I agree that it sounds like he wants to "evaluate" your fitness. I assume fitness is very important to this guy and he wants to make sure the people he dates are into it too. There's nothing wrong with that... but a running date still sounds awful to me. You'll be sweaty and panting and unable to even talk to each-other.
  • legsnbacon
    legsnbacon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you're not currently a runner then I would say no. A walk or hike is a great alternative.
  • Lana_me
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I like the idea of a hike instead. Then you can actually talk to each-other and enjoy the scenery.

I agree that it sounds like he wants to "evaluate" your fitness. I assume fitness is very important to this guy and he wants to make sure the people he dates are into it too. There's nothing wrong with that... but a running date still sounds awful to me. You'll be sweaty and panting and unable to even talk to each-other.

And definitely not showing any fitness. lol

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    If he wants something active, look for a rock-climbing wall in your area. Public places only for a 2nd date with someone you don't know well. Is he trying to assess your fitness level or something? :huh: Odd.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have gone on a running "date", but it was more like a 5th date type of thing.
    We both enjoy running and every mile, we stopped and did a few planks, wall sits, squats and push ups so I could take a quick break. He was a lot taller than I so running a 8 minute mile, was not something I typically do when I run on my own! haha
    I just casually told him that after every mile I like to throw in some body weight exercise, and he was impressed as he typically didn't do wall sits, squats or planks. It was a good mix for us both and we enjoyed it.
    I liked the fact I got to see him in the morning, and if a guy likes me while I run or after, you know that he really likes you just as much as when you are dressed to the nines and wearing heals. However, I find that for myself anyways, I always have a super glow after a run and look happy/healthy so I was not turned off by getting a little sweaty.
    I would do it if you are comfortable! We even stopped to take some great nature pictures along our travels, it was actually kind of romantic in a spontaneous kind of way.
  • MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Does he know this: " I was back in high-school. Not any more to be honest"?
    If no, then he may have a misconception of your level of fitness. Can't imagine how that will go well........
    If yes, then that is strange/weird.

Doesn't seem that this would be a good idea in either scenario, given the (apparent) different activity preferences.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Lana_me wrote: »
    I met him online. Now he's asking me to go for a run.

Have you ever been on a running date? How it turned out for you? Would you go on a running date?

Did he ask you to run in that bikini?
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    If he wants something active, look for a rock-climbing wall in your area. Public places only for a 2nd date with someone you don't know well. Is he trying to assess your fitness level or something? :huh: Odd.

Agreed. I had someone online grill me about hockey one time because hockey fan was in my profile. It was a turn off, it was as if he wanted to make sure I truly liked hockey and didn't just put that to "catch a man" or some nonsense. It aggravated me and insulted me all at the same time. Kind of how I would take someone wanting to assess my fitness level on a date. lol