Second date: guy wants to go for a run

Options
Lana_me
Lana_me Posts: 34 Member
I met him online. Now he's asking me to go for a run.

Have you ever been on a running date? How it turned out for you? Would you go on a running date?

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Not too romantic there, getting all sweaty and hot. How about a hike in the woods or a walk on the beach first. Maybe he just wants to see you in tight workout clothes?
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Do it, Just let him know realistically your levels of fitness.

Or if you're the fitter one, show him up :wink:
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ugh...running withmy husband is the worst. He's 6'3, and I'm 5'3. Obviously, I can't keep up, and he gets frustrated. Unless you can both run at the same pace, suggest another outdoorsy activity like a leisurely hike.
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Never been on a running date but I can't imagine I would like it. I like to go at my own pace and listen to music. I would just feel like someone was trying to follow me. Hiking is a fun date though. Much easier to talk and enjoy nature. You may want to make sure he is not a creep first though.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Options
    Lana_me wrote: »
    I met him online. Now he's asking me to go for a run.

Have you ever been on a running date? How it turned out for you? Would you go on a running date?

Personally I would go on a running date. I guess it depends though on if running is something you are both into and if it is just the two of you alone, no one else around. I have gone on a bicycling date for a second date as we were both cyclists. Both rides were charity type rides so I didn't have to worry about a properly places shovel to the back of the head and waking up in a shallow grave.
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do you like the guy? Do you like running?

If the answer is "yes" to both questions, I say go for it.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Run in a public place ... where there are a lot of other people around.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Not on a second date. I wouldn't want to get all sweaty and smelly from running. Besides running is not my idea of fun. IF the first date was good, I'd tell him to go on his run and meet me later AFTER he showers. :#
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    No thanks!
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why you are asking a bunch of random folks what you should do on a date?
    This is simple.

Do you like running? Is it a big part of your life?
    If yes then go ahead.

• ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I think it would be great. Maybe meet up at a park.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Depends, what did you do on first date?
    Lift weights?
  • Lana_me
    Lana_me Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Depends, what did you do on first date?
    Lift weights?

Drank coffee.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Me personally I wouldn't do a running date
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I would only because I love running. If its something you have in common, I think its safe to assume neither one of you are going to be looking your best at the end of the run.

Conversations can be held during running, besides just how long is this run anyways? Afterwards plan for an outdoor picnic, or something. Live a little.