How Do I Log the World's Largest Spinach Wrap?

Options
Last night, as I raced around the grocery store before it closed, I picked up a package of generic, store-made spinach wraps. These things are the biggest I have ever seen! And now I'm at a loss as to how to log this...

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    If they are pre-packaged, isnt the nutritional info on the container? If you bought it, there is a bar code - scan the barcode with your phone and it will tell you what the calorie content is. Deconstruct the sandwich and weigh the components. Estimate the components in the sandwich. Pick which one would work best for you.
  • Brimstone1973
    Brimstone1973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It's in a plain, plastic bag. No labels, barcodes, maps, diagrams or hieroglyphics. Seriously generic.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    thats unusual - oh well, just pick from the latter two suggestions then.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I'd find a wrap with similar ingredients from a chain like TGIF or Chilis. Then multiply it by how much bigger you think this one was. 1.5x? 2x?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    It's in a plain, plastic bag. No labels, barcodes, maps, diagrams or hieroglyphics. Seriously generic.

What type of backwoods monstrosity of a grocery store doesn't have hieroglyphics to explain their product details? Seriously?

When I have a generic wrap I use this entry:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ09uJAI8lNPoMweE0J3fs7LWRrEhlw2GD7rGmCKyKgpsXpqK333g

Seriously though, take your best guess. If it's a one off day, and you are typically accurate with your logging, one off item will not have that significant of an impact in the long run.
  • Brimstone1973
    Brimstone1973 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @nutmegoreo: I put that formula into MFP... it told me the winning lottery numbers instead...

I ran next door to the D'Angelos sandwich place and made them show me their wrap. This is a hair bigger, so I'll use their calories and add a few for good measure since they don't have spinach. This really boggled my mind because most grocery store wraps are much smaller. I could make hammocks for my cats out of these things... I could make a hammock for myself, but I'm over the Wrap Hammock Weight Limit right now...
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    @nutmegoreo: I put that formula into MFP... it told me the winning lottery numbers instead...

I ran next door to the D'Angelos sandwich place and made them show me their wrap. This is a hair bigger, so I'll use their calories and add a few for good measure since they don't have spinach. This really boggled my mind because most grocery store wraps are much smaller. I could make hammocks for my cats out of these things... I could make a hammock for myself, but I'm over the Wrap Hammock Weight Limit right now...

So you won a bunch of money, you have hair in your wrap, and your cats have no hammock because you ate it. I'm sorry you're having such a rough day. :cry: