Small victories can feel big

Options
IrisFlute
IrisFlute Posts: 88 Member
In 2014, I lost 25 lbs over 4 months and maintained my goal weight range (in the 130's) until this past fall and winter. I wasn't as active this year because of the endless rain, and so by spring I found I had gained 7 lbs and was 142. I had always promised myself that if I got out of the 130's, I'd do a weight loss regimen until I got back to 135. So I just finished three weeks of hard weight loss work and now I'm back to 135. This is a tiny accomplishment compared to the incredible journeys that a lot of other folks on MFP do, but for me it gives me a feeling that I can make commitments to myself and carry through with them. So, Yay!

Replies

• tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You should feel incredible about what you have done! Small victories are all any of us can ask for. For your situation, your victory is as wonderful as the larger one is for me. I applaud you and keep up the great work!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    IrisFlute wrote: »
    In 2014, I lost 25 lbs over 4 months and maintained my goal weight range (in the 130's) until this past fall and winter. I wasn't as active this year because of the endless rain, and so by spring I found I had gained 7 lbs and was 142. I had always promised myself that if I got out of the 130's, I'd do a weight loss regimen until I got back to 135. So I just finished three weeks of hard weight loss work and now I'm back to 135. This is a tiny accomplishment compared to the incredible journeys that a lot of other folks on MFP do, but for me it gives me a feeling that I can make commitments to myself and carry through with them. So, Yay!
    Great job! I agree even though its not 20+ pounds i think its great you can get back on track within feeling discouraged... YOU CAN Do ANYTHING!!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    IrisFlute wrote: »
    Great job! I agree even though its not 20+ pounds i think its great you can get back on track within feeling discouraged... YOU CAN Do ANYTHING!!
    I meant without not within lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!