Finally Arrived! 240 to 158!

Options
jordyngiulio
jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
I’ve been waiting a long time to be able to finally share my final success story. I started this process almost 6 years ago after spending quite some time at my highest weight of 240 pounds. Mine is a common story – I had spent most of my life at least overweight, if not obese. Although I was active, I had terrible eating habits and poor self-control. I seldom considered what I was putting into my body and felt out of control.

My weight didn’t bother me too much until I got into my late teens/early twenties. It was then that I began to feel that my weight was holding me back from truly experiencing my life to the fullest. I wanted to go on dates, go out dancing, etc. and feel good about myself while doing so. Additionally, I was experiencing awful cystic acne and had severe shoulder and back pain related to my large chest size. Shortly after I turned 21, I started weight watchers. I loved the program and quickly lost about 40 pounds.

After the initial success, I stalled out right under 200 pounds. I had gained confidence and although I still hadn’t reached a healthy weight, I was feeling great and having fun being a normal 20-something. I maintained in the 190’s for about 18 months until I found the Paleo lifestyle and MyFitnessPal. After starting paleo and tracking diligently, I got down into the 170’s over the course of the next year.

It was then that I met my current boyfriend and lost a lot of my momentum (at no fault of his). I was happy and in love! The dieting suddenly didn’t seem so important and I found it was a lot harder to stick to strict eating habits while having to consider another person. Dieting while single is the deluxe life! I was lucky that I didn’t put too much weight back on, but I did find myself rebounding up to 185.

Around October of this year I finally decided I was ready to finish up the journey I had started what seemed like a lifetime ago. Even though I was incredibly confident, secure, and happy in my skin at 185, I had the lingering feeling that I hadn’t accomplished what I had set out to do. I wanted to prove to myself that I could meet my goal. I wanted to get on the scale at the doctor and not have to worry – I finally wanted to have a healthy BMI. I lost the final 25 pounds by incorporating consistent exercise, including heavy lifting, and keeping a steady deficit.

I finally reached my initial goal weight of 160 right in time for my first trip to Europe; 7 beautiful days traveling around Ireland. It was such a relief not to worry about how I would look in photos or candids and to feel totally at ease.

Over the course of this process, my size has dropped from an 18 to a 10, 2xl to L/M, I have completed several 10+ mile hikes, cleared my skin, and all but eliminated the breast related back pain. I am planning to eat at maintenance and start working on recomp through the summer as we love to be outside hiking, kayaking, swimming, etc. and I have found that I don’t have the same endurance at a strict deficit to be able to easily complete the really strenuous activities. Once fall hits, I will be working to lose another 10 pounds. I am so excited to see how I can change my body in the coming months!
wna3efchp1p6.png
tv4npv0n49yk.png
7n9vhziarl1w.png
bddtxx5sgx4f.png
wivokiz5ebz1.png
B1.PNG 886.6K
B2.PNG 479.1K
c1.PNG 783.2K
c2.PNG 728.3K

Replies

• KristieC23
    KristieC23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! I myself have weighed the same for many years and I'm hoping to change all that. Thank you for sharing your success.
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! I have to ask :) aussies or border collies?
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    @jsecret Aussies :) Crazy but so wonderful!
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Juggernautpint
    Juggernautpint Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This gives me motivation.
  • psychedmom
    psychedmom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. You look fantastic, happy, and healthy. Great job!
  • BackToNW
    BackToNW Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So motivating!!! Good job girl :smiley:
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Great job, congratulations!
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • rhps84
    rhps84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats!
  • pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Just brilliant, well done you!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Bravo!
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ahhh-mazing! Congrats!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ahhh! You look great! You look SO happy!

How tall are you?
  • road2zion
    road2zion Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC JOB - and so awesome that you have your sights set on the next goal!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! Congrats on the accomplishment.

I was struck by your comment "Dieting while single is the deluxe life!" That is so true! Every time I hear a story about an uncooperative spouse or SO that has to be considered/accommodated, I feel guilty/angry with myself that I haven't taken better advantage of my current singleness to get my act together.
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Allie2060
    Allie2060 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look happy and beautiful before and after, but well done for acheiving your goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!