Gastric sleeve with weight gain - emotional eating issues - could use some people who can relate!

Options
I'm Lindsey. I had the gastric sleeve in August of 2014 and on top of being a slow loser (emotional eating issues) I have managed to gain 20 pounds of the weight I did lose back. The 20 pound weight gain I have had since the end of August 2016 is taking its toll on my knees and back. I am hoping to be more focused and use MFP to its maximum potential to get those 20 pounds back off. Now that I am in therapy for eating issues and other emotional happenings, I am confident I can do this. I am looking for someone or some people to help me out, make me accountable and give me a boost here and there. Are you game? :)

Replies

• bmallon313
    bmallon313 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey Lindsey. I'm Beth, and I'm right there with you. Sleeved 6/2015. Lost 126lbs but now am up 16. Gotta stop this RIGHT NOW. Trouble is, I eat when I'm anxious and sad and I've been both a LOT lately. Plus I've kidded myself into letting some bad habits (I'm looking at you, carbs) back into my life and "forgetting" to track my intake. Plus, there always seems to be a reason I can't exercise right now, but I sure will do it later. Ha.

How can we support each other?
  • eclecticmommy
    eclecticmommy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bmallon313 wrote: »
    Hey Lindsey. I'm Beth, and I'm right there with you. Sleeved 6/2015. Lost 126lbs but now am up 16. Gotta stop this RIGHT NOW. Trouble is, I eat when I'm anxious and sad and I've been both a LOT lately. Plus I've kidded myself into letting some bad habits (I'm looking at you, carbs) back into my life and "forgetting" to track my intake. Plus, there always seems to be a reason I can't exercise right now, but I sure will do it later. Ha.

You sound just like me!!! I make excuses about exercising .. have joined gyms and never gone .. I work from home FT and can walk whenever but I don't! I eat the carbs .. it's really frustrating. I did start therapy but I am only three sessions in, so not a lot of progress as of yet. Let's connect on here and Facebook (if you have an account). Maybe message each other?
  • bmallon313
    bmallon313 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That would be great! I just have to keep telling myself (in a bit of an angry voice), "Beth, wake up! Did you go through all of this - did you undergo surgery, risk infection, take weeks to recover, let them throw away 3/4 of your stomach and you're NOT willing to get off your a** and take a d*** walk?????" For me, though, it's been a rough year with three family deaths, job changes, etc. I eat to help swallow (and keep down) all the not-so-fun emotions that go with all of the above. Look for me on FB - I'm Beth Kohlmeyer Mallon.
  • eclecticmommy
    Options
    That would be great! I just have to keep telling myself (in a bit of an angry voice), "Beth, wake up! Did you go through all of this - did you undergo surgery, risk infection, take weeks to recover, let them throw away 3/4 of your stomach and you're NOT willing to get off your a** and take a d*** walk?????" For me, though, it's been a rough year with three family deaths, job changes, etc. I eat to help swallow (and keep down) all the not-so-fun emotions that go with all of the above. Look for me on FB - I'm Beth Kohlmeyer Mallon.

Awesome, I also added you on here :)
  • caf1967
    caf1967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so interested in being a part of the group. I lost 100 pounds and then everything slowed down. So I get frustrated when I see newbies on FB losing 140 pounds in 6 months. Plus I have some marriage issues, and other life challenges. Really no excuse though. I just need to see the scale going down again. Still have quite a bit left, but I've come so far to go back. SW was 331 on 4/28/14. Need a kick in the pants big time.
  • ftwmc
    ftwmc Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    In a similar boat lost most of what I wanted but then started to snack as found it too hard to sit and eat a meal so would constantly pick. Gained about 12 kg but have just started to go the other way again. Just watching what I eat and for me beer is a BIG killer. Originally lost 68 kg.
  • eclecticmommy
    Options
    caf1967 wrote: »
    I am so interested in being a part of the group. I lost 100 pounds and then everything slowed down. So I get frustrated when I see newbies on FB losing 140 pounds in 6 months. Plus I have some marriage issues, and other life challenges. Really no excuse though. I just need to see the scale going down again. Still have quite a bit left, but I've come so far to go back. SW was 331 on 4/28/14. Need a kick in the pants big time.

100 pounds is awesome!! 140 pounds in 6 months...we all know that's not healthy. I didn't even make it to 100 pounds lost before things slowed down and I gained, so kudos to you!
  • eclecticmommy
    Options
    ftwmc wrote: »
    In a similar boat lost most of what I wanted but then started to snack as found it too hard to sit and eat a meal so would constantly pick. Gained about 12 kg but have just started to go the other way again. Just watching what I eat and for me beer is a BIG killer. Originally lost 68 kg.

That's my thing too .. I was always hungry trying to only eat the 3 meals per day .. I mean who can live on 800 calories (or less) daily?? The snacking thing has really been brought to light since I've been on MFP. I can see that's where I add a lot of calories.
  • eclecticmommy
    Options

Gastric Sleeve/Bypass/Band - Weight Loss/Gain Support <-- that's the name of a group I just created within MFP. Please search and join, and add friends :)
  • eclecticmommy
    Options
    caf1967 wrote: »

Gastric Sleeve/Bypass/Band - Weight Loss/Gain Support <-- that's the name of a group I just created within MFP. Please search and join, and add friends :)
  • eclecticmommy
    Options
    ftwmc wrote: »

• Lola911
    Lola911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! How do I add myself to your group. I was sleeved 1/19/15. Lost 120 and starting to gain back. Need to end it ASAP! Note...I have one crappy knee that limits my exercising.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I had vsg 6 years ago. have gone up and down. I have finally got my butt and head in a better place and have started losing again! Currently down to less than my lowest weight initially after the surgery.

Anyone feel free to friend me!!!