Blocking users

Options
There are a few users i'd like to block from messaging me... Is that a possibility on this site???

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There's a green "Block" button under, their message when; you open it (Website version I am unable to, use an application since; I've a Windows cellular)!
  • teenytinyprincesspea
    teenytinyprincesspea Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There's a green "Block" button under, their message when; you open it (Website version I am unable to, use an application since; I've a Windows cellular)!

Thank you so much!!!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options

Thank you so much!!!

You're very, much welcome!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    that bad huh?

sorry to hear (really)

that being said..

I would be happy to send you a pm.

You wouldn't be offended.... bored to death, yes

offended, not so much
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    There are a few users i'd like to block from messaging me... Is that a possibility on this site???

yeah, click on my user name and two green boxes will appear; one is marked: ignore

no idea if that prohibits messages or not.

it might only disable posts from becoming readable on any given thread.... dunno

edit...

okay, got it.

go to the message, from your in-box, of the individual(s) of whom you want to block.

at the top of their message is a box that you can check that simply states: Block User

once you check that box, they will be unable to access your mailbox here.

I hope this helps and think it's too bad that you're being pestered by several idiots.

hang in there, kid.
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear u are going through this people can be nasty respecting others is much more better people should be respected and treated with kindness not rudeness
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you can also let the mods know if people are being abusive.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm missing out.... I never get creepy messages. Perhaps it's the lack of pic?
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

Cool that you got popular after only a few days here and 17 posts. I must be doing something wrong!!! Any tips you can provide? My inbox and my friends list are empty.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm missing out.... I never get creepy messages. Perhaps it's the lack of pic?

I mean...if you're looking for some action, a pic wouldn't hurt... :wink:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i feel sorry for women on this site. some people see their existence as invitation enough to send pics to the point they are bombarded and even harassed.

I haven't received a PM of any kind in MONTHS, let alone an unsolicited one.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    you can also let the mods know if people are being abusive.

Please let MFP know if people are sending inappropriate PMs so they can stop them. You can contact Alex, Betty, or NOVA.