Where are you Men of Courage?

Options

Replies

• dominicreseighlincoln
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Been on a proper weight loss journey for about 6 weeks. Like most I've stopped and started countless times but this is my first properly tracking my food. Food has always been thing that's sent me off course so now I'm keeping it all tracked and tallied. Already a stone down but I'm more into losing body fat and getting fitter than purely focusing on weight loss. I'm even documenting it on YouTube to keep myself in check!

Dom
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Been on a proper weight loss journey for about 6 weeks. Like most I've stopped and started countless times but this is my first properly tracking my food. Food has always been thing that's sent me off course so now I'm keeping it all tracked and tallied. Already a stone down but I'm more into losing body fat and getting fitter than purely focusing on weight loss. I'm even documenting it on YouTube to keep myself in check!

Dom
    I love this! Amazing being on track! May we follow you on YouTube to cheer you on? I might start doing that too!!
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Good thread! Count me in :) Down 50ish lbs and looking to drop an additional 15-20 more.
  • MrPeach84
    MrPeach84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting since I was 15. I'm currently 32. That is a long time to be struggling with weight loss. The interesting thing is I did a 23 and me test and I do carry a gene that identifies with holding onto fat leading to overweight. However it is something I know I can overcome. Today I weigh 338. I'm changing my life style to be lower in carbs and sugars. It has worked for me in the past. This time is different because I am truly doing it for myself. To live a longer and happier life.
  • yancystreet
    yancystreet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Could use a few supportive people! add me all!

My highest weight was 260. Started this year at 213, now down to 203.
    Let's do this!
  • seximama2017
    seximama2017 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am female! Here me roar!
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well now, I think this is great. I went to the doc and was told to lose weight....again. I asked "...about how much?" "About a Backstreet Boy." Seriously? I thought maybe the bass in Menudo, but Backstreet Boy? This leads me to here and a journey/lifestyle to lose about 70lbs 315ish to 240ish. We shall see.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Welcome! I am a guy who has had heart surgery and a potentially great start at fitness and then threw it all away and have to start from scratch, have been coasting at 220 lbs for some months now but am looking to change that, fixing my diet and working out more (at all) is my start, hoping to be down to 180 by Christmas time
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    Ok so bad day today, lots of stress and ate my emotions away! Question for you gentlemen(and you two stragglers I guess) what do you do when you want to eat bad? Any tricks or ideas outside of sheer willpower?
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I put the calories in my food diary "just to see" and that's usually enough to scare me off. There is a lot of shame in over eating for me, and I try to remember that. All the problems in life being fat has caused and the life i could have had...
  • jayenguk
    jayenguk Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am a kinda man I am ftm trans and losing weight for my transition i have a long way to go!
  • gblack77
    gblack77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Alright folks, here's my deal. Here's day one starting my food diary. I'm doing this for two reasons: 1) I know this should and will help me with my weight loss, and 2) I am doing this to support my wife. I personally need to lose weight to help to get rid of my lower back pain. I'm starting at 213 pounds with a goal of reaching 175 by my 40th birthday in just over 7 months. I exercise regularly, but need to kick it up a notch to meet this goal. Diet is a whole different can of worms. I'm looking to cut out the harmful foods and incorporate less processed foods and more fruits and veggies. I know this won't be easy and I expect a few setbacks along the way, but I hope my determination and stubbornness will prevail. Any tips and tricks or just words of wisdom would be greatly accepted.
  • DanSanthomes
    DanSanthomes Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I joined at the beginning of the year as I wanted to lose a bit of weight in time for my 47th birthday in April. Started slowly and followed MFPs recommendations on calorie goals to lose a pound a week. Weighed and logged everything and started a strength regime from Darebee.

Pleased to say I hit my weight target 3 weeks early and have actually lost a couple more pounds since whilst trying to find maintenance. Am now hitting the weights to get some definition.

Funny thing that came out of my journey is that I've now taken my PT quals and am just about to do my exams for a Diploma in Nutrition for Weight loss. :-) (Threw myself in at the deep end and worked day and night on either learning about the subject - or actually doing it!)

Good luck, men! We got this.
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    *cough*
  • Desertcolt07
    Desertcolt07 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    one time...at band camp....
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    one time...at band camp....

I carried a drunk guy across campus
  • smallerman
    smallerman Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    300 down to 236 a few years ago and posted a before/after pic and gained it all back!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/530223/60-pounds-lost-as-seen-in-two-disney-world-trip-photos#latest

"Before" this time was 293 and I'm at 264. My short-term goal is to be in 250's in late July for a week of climbing hills with my 11 y/o at his first summer of BSA camp. (I'm an Asst Scoutmaster). Longer term, I'd love to be "overweight" as opposed to "obese", which I qualified for at age 12 and have held the title until now (turn 49 this year.).
  • leadslinger17
    leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too. Also a lot more female success stories... there have to be some guys out there killing it as well.
  • londell16
    londell16 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone!!! Trying to lost 40lbs looking to learn tips and use this app to keep motivated in losing this weight.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    My friend list is about 2:1 women:men. Not on purpose, it just worked out that way - I rarely send friend requests myself. I think that women in general are just more apt to want to reach out and build a social network than men are.