Keto diet

Options
Any one doing the ketogenic diet?

Replies

• blueskky4u
    blueskky4u Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just saw this information in another feed. check it out. It may give you a start of some info about it. Hope this helps!
    https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/11/19/ketogenic-food-pyramid
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
  • Rosie6452
    Rosie6452 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on keto and it isn't easy. Can't seem to lose,,,at a stand still
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I eat up to 90 grams of carbs per day and have been in ketosis for going on 10 months. I check my ketone levels weekly with a blood monitor. Lost 30 kg in that time, ditched insulin resistance and run between 35 - 55 km per week without diminished energy. Keto isn't for everyone, but I love what I eat and plan to eat this way for life. I am pescatarian (eat fish, no meat) and manage just fine. Do your research before diving in and if you have metabolic issues, maybe give it a go once you are fully informed!
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention.... I have counted calories from day one, weigh everything I eat with a digital food scale and log meticulously! Calories matter on keto...its science!
  • menotyou56
    menotyou56 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Any one doing the ketogenic diet?

Yup, I'm down 36 pounds since January on keto.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    LittleL78 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention.... I have counted calories from day one, weigh everything I eat with a digital food scale and log meticulously! Calories matter on keto...its science!

Yep. The Keto diet doesn't guarantee weight loss. You still need to eat less calories than you burn.

Personally, I just eat what I feel like within my calorie limit.

Lost 80 lbs in 12 months and have kept it off a year on 50% carbs, 30% fat, 20% protein, the MFP defaults, logging everything I eat.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Just so you know keto doesnt do anything special. Youll lose the same amout of weight (with the same deficit) and you would eating carbs, minus an initial drop in water weight.

But if it helps you maintain your deficit go for it.
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just so you know keto doesnt do anything special. Youll lose the same amout of weight (with the same deficit) and you would eating carbs, minus an initial drop in water weight.

But if it helps you maintain your deficit go for it.

It's good for people with insulin resistance or other health concern some carbs contribute to though!
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    yep! I'm up 8lbs on it