Weight workout for arms

Options
Does anyone have good exercises to tone your triceps? I've been going to Orange Theory since November, and I feel that my upper half of my body still looks big, especially my arms. Any suggestions? TIA

Replies

• Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Bench press, row, overhead press combined with a calorie deficit to cut the soft tissue down.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    If you think you look big, it's likely you still have fat to lose - keep being consistent with your deficit, it'll leave those tricky spots eventually! (my triceps are stubborn for fat loss too... Along with my hips!)
  • jessicalferrara
    jessicalferrara Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm losing at a rate of one pound a week, and I started January 2. According to my BMI, I am still 9 pounds overweight, so I know I have a ways to go, but my legs and butt look a lot smaller compared to my arms, that's why I was curious about any exercises. :smile:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I'm losing at a rate of one pound a week, and I started January 2. According to my BMI, I am still 9 pounds overweight, so I know I have a ways to go, but my legs and butt look a lot smaller compared to my arms, that's why I was curious about any exercises. :smile:

Unfortunately we can't choose where the fat comes off first. It's not likely to come off evenly...sounds like you're doing all the right things :)
  • jessicalferrara
    jessicalferrara Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Unfortunately we can't choose where the fat comes off first. It's not likely to come off evenly...sounds like you're doing all the right things :)

Thanks!

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Tricept pushdowns with a rope, extensions with dumbells, overhead extensions with heavier dumbell, single arm pull downs, single arm pushdowns, dips and skull crushers!!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Dips, pushups and pullups.

No point working triceps only. These 3 exercises done PROPERLY are really all you need to develop your arms, shoulders, chest snd lats. When they become easy, add resistance with a weighted vest.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    If your arms look big and you want to "tone" them, then I would advise a calorie deficit to lose excess bodyfat.