Looking for a friend in similar situation. 40lbs to lose. SAHM

Options
2»

Replies

• SBlosein
    SBlosein Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    SAHM here with 50lbs to lose. I'm trying for 1200-1500 depending on activity and hunger level. Working out 5 days a week (Mix of HIIT and weights). Are you guys following a certain plan or just tracking calories?
  • anieves815
    anieves815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm also on the same boat as many of you with 40-45lbs to lose. Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other! <3
  • AlexandriaAmelia
    AlexandriaAmelia Posts: 6 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! I have 50lbs to lose. I would love to have a support group or friends on here to help keep me motivated! Feel free to add me. Good luck everyone on your journey!
  • mom9782
    mom9782 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    SBlosein wrote: »
    SAHM here with 50lbs to lose. I'm trying for 1200-1500 depending on activity and hunger level. Working out 5 days a week (Mix of HIIT and weights). Are you guys following a certain plan or just tracking calories?

What's HIIT?
    I'm just trying to stay at 1200 cal a day and workout 3x a week.
  • Puzzl3dunicorn
    Puzzl3dunicorn Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    mom9782 wrote: »

What's HIIT?
    Hiit is high intensity interval training. Do you eat back any of your exercise calories?
  • mom9782
    mom9782 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

What's HIIT?
    Hiit is high intensity interval training. Do you eat back any of your exercise calories?

I don't eat exercise calories back. I'm new to exercising regularly, my goal is to go to the gym 3x a week for a little while then up it.
    I do, on average, 20-30 min weights and 20-30 cardio.
  • Puzzl3dunicorn
    Puzzl3dunicorn Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

What's HIIT?

I don't eat exercise calories back. I'm new to exercising regularly, my goal is to go to the gym 3x a week for a little while then up it.
    I do, on average, 20-30 min weights and 20-30 cardio.

I'm not an expert but if really recommend uping your calories. 1200c is the bare minimum requirement for women- just the calories you burn from being alive, breathing, sleeping, and this is only on average. It doesn't account for any activity and if you're working out that hard. Your deficit is so high that your metabolic rate will probably slow way down and it will be hard to lose the weight you want to lose.
    It's generally more beneficial to look into your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and base your calorie deficit off of that.
  • SBlosein
    SBlosein Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't always eat more calories on workout days. I try to stay within a 300 calorie range. I try to "listen" to my body. If I'm starving on a workout day I might add an extra snack. I try to make sure every meal or snack has some kind of protein. One day a week I usually eat a little more (1800- 2000) just to keep my metabolism guessing. I've found that my weight loss is very dependent on sodium levels in my food (especially eating out) and how much water I'm drinking to flush things along.
  • RhinestoneRocky
    RhinestoneRocky Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I could definitely use some SAHM friends! My little guy is 4 months old and I have 30-35 lbs to lose. I lost 75 before I got pregnant with calorie counting and weight lifting but after having a baby it's amazing how SLOW it's coming off despite doing the same things I did before. :)
  • dramisea
    dramisea Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a SAHM of a 3 year old. Lost 47 lbs so far, need to lose 27-32 lbs more! Feel free to add me ☺️☺️