Easter ruined me

Options
I have been doing so good since January 1st, I'm down 30lbs and was feeling good. Ever since Easter weekend I have been off. Eating over my calories, not exercising, just feeling back to my old self. Where did my motivation gooo? How can I get it back before I fail myself?

Replies

• TracyTesch83
    TracyTesch83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had to make a conscious decision at six weeks (right around Easter) to recommit and continue this journey. I enjoyed three days of more relaxed tracking days and then jumped right back in. Things stalled for about a week and a half, but I got right back on track again. If you want this bad enough you will find the motivation again. :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Put a Reese's Peanut Butter egg at the end of the track.

I love those!! Much better PB to chocolate ratio :yum:

OP - just do it. Set your alarm half an hour early, get into your workout clothes and shoes, and go for a walk/jog/run tomorrow morning. And the next morning, and the next. Pre-log your food for tomorrow tonight and stick to it. You can't let life derail you every time or you'll never reach your goals *or* maintain them.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Every time you face another food or exercise choice, you get the chance to start again. Just start making those good choices again, and it'll all come right back to you :)
  • krushal8880
    krushal8880 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Start over and take 1 day at a time. I'm on the moderation plan. I will only eat small piece of food I really like and stay focus on doing the right thing. Good luck
  • hrush1889
    hrush1889 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, ever since Easter I've been having candy and desserts and not logging well, I cant stop!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    If I get off-track with a one-day binge, I like to apply a surreal quality to that day, as if it were a dream, and oh, now things are back to normal. It works all the time about 50% of the time. The other times, it takes a few days of eating at maintenance to worm my way back into the right portions.

Most of the time, I just have to stay on track for holidays. My aunt during Easter was like "are you sure you got enough" and I said "yes" but I thought "I just ate 1200 calories, lady, and is this what intermittent fasting feels like?"
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Girl replace Easter with Christmas and this was me. I got really far off track. The thing I tell myself when I am trying to get back on is that I can't tell myself yes ALL the time. Because when I'm eating crazy, everytime I have a craving, I bargin with myself to have it. So I just start initially telling myself no to get the ball rolling. Then I start saying to myself, log it first to see if it fits. Many times, once I see that there's no way in hell to make it fit, I give up.

Take it one meal and one craving at a time. Treat each one like it's the only thing keeping you from your goals. That way you'll fight it like it counts.

Or you can start small. Say you're only going to eat strictly in your macros/cals for 6/7 days. Then every time you have a craving, say I'll eat it on my cheat day. Many times I forget about those cravings by cheat day, and only end up eating maybe one bad thing on that day.

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Oh I knew you were good people. Yes! It is all about the ratio and this heavenly concoction nailed it. The Christmas Tree runs a close second, but oh the egg...the glorious egg!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    OP - I'm being facetious. You didn't fail - hell check out my diary and bear witness the Easter candy laden calorie bombs when I raided the kid's baskets. All good in the end. Just get back on track.

This is going to happen every holiday - that's why there are holidays. What matters is the day to day, not the outliers.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    EASTER didn't ruin you. You CHOSE to stop being consistent. You can CHOOSE to get back to it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Yep!

OP, how much over your calories have you been going over? Remember mfp calorie goal is a deficit and the amount of calories between your calories and maintenance will range from 250-1000 depending on how many calories you chose to lose per week.

If you did chose to lose 2lb per week and have way less than 75lbs to lose, you may not be able to lose 2lb per week as mfp won't go lower than 1200 (safety and nutrition reasons),
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Oh I knew you were good people. Yes! It is all about the ratio and this heavenly concoction nailed it. The Christmas Tree runs a close second, but oh the egg...the glorious egg!

Is there any difference between the egg and pumpkin reese's? lol They're basically the same shape so the chocolate to pb ratio should be the same too right?! Sorry off subject op...
  • kpkitten
    kpkitten Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Stop telling yourself tomorrow and start logging properly and making good choices again now.

Learn from this time and next holiday, consider doing a maintenance week: either aim to average your maintenance over the week to allow one or two crazy days or eat at maintenance every day.
    I did this for the last 2 weeks and started at a deficit again yesterday. It made such A difference to my mentality compared to previous holidays/events
  • TonyaLeeC
    TonyaLeeC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes..take little steps but get back on track...I did the same thing over Christmas and it took a while and a lot of self talking to get back on my plan..you can do it...
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    ylkp64n8sjkg.jpg

This is awesome! I'm stealing it!