What do you meal prep for breakfast.

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited April 2017
    I use this recipe as a baseline, but you can really add anything you want. They're yummy!

http://www.thereciperebel.com/mini-wonton-quiche/
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    I use this recipe as a baseline, but you can really add anything you want. They're yummy!

http://www.thereciperebel.com/mini-wonton-quiche/

Awesome, thanks!
  • Mom2max
    Mom2max Posts: 5 Member
    I love overnight oats!
  • AngryViking1970
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Egg McMuffins - bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9" square pan. Cool & cut into 9 squares. Store squares in freezer with a slice of Canadian bacon. The night before (when I'm packing lunch) I take an egg square out of the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator.

In the a.m. I warm the eggs in the microwave (don't heat too much or they will be rubbery) while toasting a high fiber English muffin. Slap on a piece of 2% cheese. Wrap in a paper towel and I'm out the door.

Ah, I've seen you post this before and thought it was a brilliant idea! Stealing it...
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Crock pot oats - 2 cups of old fashioned oats - 2 cups water - 2 cups milk (protein). Add 8 teaspoons Splenda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook on low about 3 hours. Cover & refrigerate. I like to slice 1/2 banana and heat with the oats. Then bananas get soft and mushy when cooked.
  • chrisfuentes2005
    chrisfuentes2005 Posts: 295 Member
    What do you guys put in your overnight oats to keep you full until lunch
  • HotGirlShiiit
    HotGirlShiiit Posts: 6 Member
    I like sandwichs. Like cinnamon raisin bread toasted with a banana. Sometimes I actually slice the banana up and put it on the toast. Sometimes I just eat toast with a banana. We have a toaster oven at work. So it's convenient for me to just put 2 slices of bread in baggies and grab a banana. Also, it's super filling.
  • dodrian
    dodrian Posts: 2 Member
    Breakfast tacos. Make a big batch for dinner on the weekend - cook together eggs, sausage, onion, lots of peppers, beans, hot sauce. Wrap in tortillas, tin foil, then freeze and reheat during the week. Very filling and stops me from snacking in the mornings.

Trying to figure out if I can cut out the tortilla - it's a big proportion of the calories.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Plain greek yougurt with berries (often frozen berries). If you prep it into wide-mouth jars, you can blend it smooth with a stick blender right in the jar. I'll buy the big tub of yogurt at Costco and divide it up into 4 jars, makes an easy grab-and-go breakfast. You could add protein powder if needed, and I'll add flavor extracts from time to time.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    overnight oats, egg white omelet, or a yogurt mixture (plain greek yoguer, frozen fruit, cinnamon, chia and flaxseed. I keep my meals pretty basic because I don't have time to prep in the morning so it has to be something I can make ahead.
  • AngryViking1970
    dodrian wrote: »
    Breakfast tacos. Make a big batch for dinner on the weekend - cook together eggs, sausage, onion, lots of peppers, beans, hot sauce. Wrap in tortillas, tin foil, then freeze and reheat during the week. Very filling and stops me from snacking in the mornings.

Trying to figure out if I can cut out the tortilla - it's a big proportion of the calories.

Just use the same ingredients and bake them in a muffin tin sans tortilla.
  • JAStars102
    JAStars102 Posts: 3 Member
    I make Breakfast Burritos. I tend to make about 18-20 at a time, split it into 3 bags of burritos, and keep 1 in the fridge while freezing the other two.

18 eggs
    10 pieces of turkey bacon (or 1 package)
    18 Mission Carb Balance 8" tortillas (or however many I use)
    1/2 cup Light Sour Cream
    1/2 cup Salsa
    1 tsp. Onion Powder
    1 tsp. Garlic Powder
    1 cup Mexican Shredded Cheese
    Salt & Pepper

I cook the bacon and chop it into small pieces, then mix the eggs, sour cream, bacon bits, salsa, salt and pepper, and cheese together in a big bowl. Then I cook them all on the stovetop with a quick spray of Pam.

Then I assemble the burritos in 1/3 cup per tortilla, wrap in plastic, and store until I need them. I microwave them for about 45 seconds to heat them up.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member

Don't know if this would appeal to you or not but I've changed to Corn tortillas. The ones I use are only 50 calories but not everyone is a fan of the corn ones.
  • chrisfuentes2005

Thanks foe idea. Ill use my flatout bread for tortillas
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Six oz froz spinach, six egg whites, half oz cheese. Mix it up the night before, then dump it in the skillet, season as desired. Sometimes topped with chipotle sauce.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    I LOVE my breakfast burritos. My recipe is almost the same as above (now I might steal that one) and it clocks in at 267 calories...cant remember the protein. I wrap mine in foil, put in the freezer, take one out of the foil, put it in the microwave for 45 seconds, re-wrap it in the foil so it stays warm then eat in my car. (i have an hour commute one way, I dont eat breakfast at home.
    Lots of great ideas on here!
  • chrisfuentes2005
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I LOVE my breakfast burritos. My recipe is almost the same as above (now I might steal that one) and it clocks in at 267 calories...cant remember the protein. I wrap mine in foil, put in the freezer, take one out of the foil, put it in the microwave for 45 seconds, re-wrap it in the foil so it stays warm then eat in my car. (i have an hour commute one way, I dont eat breakfast at home.
    Lots of great ideas on here!

I made one today with ground turkey, egg, chorizo and sweet potato. 425 calorie
  • SkittlesSeattle
    SkittlesSeattle Posts: 16 Member
    When you do Egg Muffins and want to add in veggies, do you cook the veggies before adding them in or do you let them cook all together in the oven with the eggs?
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    i have frozen banana freezing for tomorrow to either make a vanilla flavored protein shake or chocolate peanut butter protein shake