Motivational Rewards.

Does anyone create rewards for themselves when they reach certain goals if Yes what are they?

Replies

• dcdickerson2
    dcdickerson2 Posts: 65 Member
    I used to do an official weigh-in once a week. If I maintained or lost since the last week I would go buy ONE clothing item off the sale rack if possible! My rewards generally cost $4 to $12 and expanded my wardrobe! If it was a big success, I might spend a little more. Or if I discovered I was down a size, I would buy two items or a non-sale item.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    edited April 2017
    Rewards are how I make eating healthily expensive, lol. A lot of these are things I've wanted for a while, but couldn't justify buying. $20-ish dollar things on the 5's, bigger things on the 10's. Scales up the closer I get to my goal.

Planning some maintenance rewards as well, since that's where I messed up the last time. Probably self-care stuff like manicures and facials and whatnot, since taking care of myself in other ways helps me keep on tracking with eating.

180: Beauty Blender - 3/17
    175: Final Fantasy VIII
    170: Puppia Harness and Leash
    165: Foaming Clay Mask
    160: Spotify Subscription (1 Year)
    155: Snuper Album
    150: Treadmill
    145: Face Paint Book
    140: Ears Pierced
    135: V Live+ Subscription (1 Year)
    130: Laser hair removal
    125: New heeled and tall boots
    120: Makeup shopping ($500 budget)
    115: Haven't decided
    110: Clothes shopping ($1500 budget)
  • 2ndchancetoshine
    2ndchancetoshine Posts: 16 Member
    I love your list You gave me a few Idea's for my self
    Thank you
  • TheMarvelousMarvel
    TheMarvelousMarvel Posts: 2 Member
    I <3 this! What an inspiring idea. Thanks : ) My first thought was - $1500?!? But than again, If you (or I) were to put $$ away every week towards the ultimate weight goal, it'd be easy. : )
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I <3 this! What an inspiring idea. Thanks : ) My first thought was - $1500?!? But than again, If you (or I) were to put $$ away every week towards the ultimate weight goal, it'd be easy. : )

Haha, yeah, I'm putting away money now for it. It'll probably take more than a year to reach that goal, so the money will already be there when it's time. One of my biggest regrets the last time I lost weight was NOT giving myself my last reward (which was also new clothes). It was a subtle cue that I felt I didn't deserve the clothes even though I had lost the weight. I am not doing that this time.
  • 2ndchancetoshine
    A new wardrobe now that's something I would love. The Best part is it will be all guilt Free Shopping Spree. This is something I never get to do. I think Ill start up a collection starting this week.
    Thanks for the great Idea.
  • 2ndchancetoshine
    So Far I have come up with 4 rewards based on Percentage lost:

5 Percent Fit bit
    10 Percent Getting My hair Highlighted
    50 Percent Spending a Night out In the city and Having fun
    My ultimate Goal Shopping Spree.

still trying to come up with more.