Eat fat get thin 21 day challenge

Options
nperry73
nperry73 Posts: 3 Member
Anyone read Dr Hymans book Eat Fat Get Thin? I'm on day 7 of 21 and Loving it!!! I'm losing weight and inches and feel soooo good! Wanted to know stories of anyone else doing or done this?

Replies

• Ceithlenn
    Ceithlenn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just recently read it and I am following most of his advice. Losing weight and feeling very good! I didn't realize how many wonderful foods I was denying myself by feeling guilty about eating fat.

Did you finish your challenge? How were the results?
  • nperry73
    nperry73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    fast forward to today. I finished my challenge and then just coasted for awhile. I did lose on his plan and learned how to eat the good fats and cut way back on sugar. I'm glad i tried his challenge. With all the information that I learned from his book and many other books that I've read such as the china study, grain brain, whole foods. I've learned what to eat but my problem is how much should I eat to lose. I've picked up strength training this year in February actually. So now i'm into eating healthy, strength training and counting my calories. I've learned that I must keep my body in deficit for my size in order to shed excess body fat. I've learned this from reading about how body builders lose. HA! I've also stumbled on intermittent fasting. So New challenge and hopefully something I can do for a lifetime. I'm on day 14 and feeling wonderful. And the weight is finally coming down! You can catch me on the OMAD chat on Facebook. I'm thinking of joining the one here in MFP... will see.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    nperry73 wrote: »
    fast forward to today. I finished my challenge and then just coasted for awhile. I did lose on his plan and learned how to eat the good fats and cut way back on sugar. I'm glad i tried his challenge. With all the information that I learned from his book and many other books that I've read such as the china study, grain brain, whole foods. I've learned what to eat but my problem is how much should I eat to lose. I've picked up strength training this year in February actually. So now i'm into eating healthy, strength training and counting my calories. I've learned that I must keep my body in deficit for my size in order to shed excess body fat. I've learned this from reading about how body builders lose. HA! I've also stumbled on intermittent fasting. So New challenge and hopefully something I can do for a lifetime. I'm on day 14 and feeling wonderful. And the weight is finally coming down! You can catch me on the OMAD chat on Facebook. I'm thinking of joining the one here in MFP... will see.

Staying in a deficit is how everyone loses fat.... Which is where mfp helps us all (bodybuilder or not) know we're meeting our goals
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    nperry73 wrote: »

you lost weight and fat due to a calorie deficit.