Feelin Ugh :(

Options
Been steady at 180 lbs for over 4 weeks...some days I even walk over 20k steps...drink ATLEAST 6 glasses of water...sure I had some cheat days, but they consisted of a beer or two and maybe some fries, nothing crazy and nothing that gorged myself! I am getting frustrated. The elliptical must be working because my booty is lookin good, but the number hasn't moved...altho some of my pants are now a size 10 and I haven't seen that size in a very long time...just feeling like, ugh wtf! I was soo hoping to be in mid 170's by beginning of Summer :(

Replies

• bryerangel
    bryerangel Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and go out that scale in your garbage right now! All those things you said show you your progress. You should feel proud and strong!! Live life healthy and you will be healthy.. numbers mean nothing
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    bryerangel wrote: »
    Do yourself a favor and go out that scale in your garbage right now! All those things you said show you your progress. You should feel proud and strong!! Live life healthy and you will be healthy.. numbers mean nothing

I agree, scales can be dumb butts sometimes. I am going through the same thing with a stuck scale but happier clothes and honestly, I'd much rather have the clothes fit better and the scale go nowhere than the other way!
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • donovanwoodworking
    donovanwoodworking Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I am going thru a similar thing. Keep the ball moving forward!! :-D
  • 1sophiesophie
    1sophiesophie Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I hear ya Briacha - just keep on doing the right thing (you know what that is) and you'll get there. Everyone is allowed a bit of "Feelin Ugh". Wallow for a few hours - then get back on that horse! You'll be hot on the heels of those elusive 170s in no time. Good luck!!
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you @Briacha

I upped my activity level and have been tracking calories consistently but the scale is just not my friend! Some tops are getting loose, and I can fit some items that I couldn't before so I know something is working...but that darn scale just won't. And even though I know things are fitting better I can't noticeably tell in the mirror, so starting to feel like what the heck?!? I'm busting my butt for nothing!

I am doing my best to focus on other positive things like lifting heavier or burning more calories for the same workout, and hoping that takes my mind off of the fact that the scale isn't moving.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I also added in a new activity and have maintained for a month with little scale movement. Up a little, down a little, up a little, and so on. With the extra exercise I'm a little hungrier and think I'm eating a little more. But, my clothes fit better and I feel great.

I'm going to try to drop a pound this week- and keep it off. There's no rush. You're learning how to maintain- one of the hardest tasks!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Walking and elliptical sound like barely working out. Do you need to join a gym? Do you run, swim, lift weights or do any other more intense workouts?

It sounds like you are expecting magical results without putting in much effort...
  • Briacha
    Options
    I have very high blood pressure, on meds so I started working walking. I'm not strolling, I'm working up to out breath and when I'm on elliptical im sweating my *kitten* off on resistance 6 a least.
    I don't expect miracles. But I do expect atleast have a pound a week or two.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Briacha wrote: »
    I have very high blood pressure, on meds so I started working walking. I'm not strolling, I'm working up to out breath and when I'm on elliptical im sweating my *kitten* off on resistance 6 a least.
    I don't expect miracles. But I do expect atleast have a pound a week or two.

Since you're looking to lose about 10 lbs, losing 1/2 lbs per week is more realistic and healthier, so you lose mostly fat rather than muscle.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Walking and elliptical sound like barely working out. Do you need to join a gym? Do you run, swim, lift weights or do any other more intense workouts?

It sounds like you are expecting magical results without putting in much effort...

Plenty of people have experienced significant weightloss by just walking. No gym is required.
  • Briacha
    Options
    Thank you! I lost 27 pounds so far "only" walking! I recently changed to elliptical on some days to mix it up. Also thinking of adding some yoga.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My scale is being stubborn, too. I'm at 179, but I'm wearing size 14. I'm jealous of your size 10s. :-) There's always something to chase. Just don't give up!
  • Morganbennett1
    Morganbennett1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, but it sounds like you must be building some muscle. One of my biggest motivators is to take measurements as well as weighing in weekly. Some weeks I don't see the scale move, but I'm still losing inches. I would recommend measuring arms, chest, waist, hips, and thighs each week when you weigh in. If you still aren't losing anything either weight or inches, then maybe try looking at your diary and seeing if you are getting enough protein, fiber, etc.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    You've still got some time before summer! Take a hard look at what you're eating and decide how (or if) to cut back. You can do it!