ALDI Favorites??

Options
I'm going grocery shopping tonight.. Gonna try to hit up Aldi before I go to Giant Eagle... Any suggestions on some favorite groceries from there?? Theyve been better on getting healthier stuff

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I love their produce specials of the week! You can't beat fresh pineapples for $0.99. Some of it you have to use fast though, as it doesn't seem to keep as long.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    They always have killer deals on their produce. I usually stock up on pineapples and bananas.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    The bags of chicken tenders for $5, turkey ham, produce. My kids like their pretzel rods.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    their Sauvignon Blancs are very good indeed......
  • stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great and cheap smoked salmon. Bacon wrapped filets!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, the best pork chops I've ever gotten were from Aldi. I like their Brenner green tea - especially the one with lemon and ginseng.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    All the Dairy and non dairy items
    Cheap eggs
    Cheap tasty protein bars
    Nuts
    Frozen veggies and fruit
    Plastic baggies, tin foil, etc-great quality for cheap
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    We love cauliflower at our house, and Aldi is the only place we can afford to buy it! If you buy any kind of chips, theirs are around $1.79/bag as opposed to $3-$4 at the regular supermarket. My family loves their frozen breaded Parmesan chicken tenders, imitation crab, goat cheese medallions, croissants. I've liked all of their Fit & Active products that I've tried.
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Fit & Active Flatbread!

This ^^^^
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    All the Dairy and non dairy items
    Cheap eggs
    Cheap tasty protein bars
    Nuts
    Frozen veggies and fruit
    Plastic baggies, tin foil, etc-great quality for cheap

Ooh, forgot about their eggs! Last week I paid $0.52/dozen for eggs. Love it! Their milk and butter are always priced well, too.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    got blueberries for 99cents
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped steak filets.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Their coconut oil is fantastic and only $4.49. Also eggs, produce (especially berries and avocado), their version of Ezekiel bread, clamshell greens, and cheeses.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I buy all my fruits, veggies, eggs, milk (almond and regular), and nuts there. There pasta sauces are really good as well!
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I like their unsweetened vanilla almond milk better then Silk. It's thinner and just more - milk like. Their vanilla Greek yogurt is the only one we buy and we eat it for nearly every breakfast. Their Savoritz brand of woven rosemary and olive oil crackers are better than Trisket. I find the produce can turn quickly, but if you're going to use it soon, it's a good buy. I found blackberries there for 99 cents when they were over $3 in the other stores! They've started selling 2% cheese too. All the Fit and Active products are great. Really, there's nothing there that I don't find as good or better quality than regular stores. Love Aldi!
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just got home from Aldi, I'm in love with Aldi. Fit and active cheese sticks, whole wheat bread, Greek yogurt, mini chocolate chips, granola bars, all the produce sales, (black berry and strawberry today) but by far my favorite is the organic lightly salted popcorn.... So. So. Good.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Just curious but has anyone tried the protein powder they sell? I'm considering trying it but its a pretty big container.