How often...

Options
Do you weigh in? I really just started 3 days ago. So i am wondering how often do you check your weight?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    When I was actively losing I did 1x a week. Usually Friday morning or MOnday morning.

I tried to make sure it wasn't after exercise or a "fun" weekend....to prevent any mishaps from water retention.

Some weight daily and sometime they watch trends.

It's all in what you want to do really.

But I will say take measurements too...and maybe pics for comparisons.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I've done everything from every couple of days to once a month. I think it really depends on how much you trust the process, how much seeing the progress drives you, and how bothered you are by normal fluctuations.
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing in the morning every morning, but I'm comfortable knowing daily fluctuations are just that. I look at the week and month as a whole. When your only looking at 1-2 lbs per week, you can't expect big daily losses or gains for that matter. As long as your trend is moving in the right direction.
  • sp1219
    sp1219 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Weekly - same day/time every week. Eventually I'll switch to every 2 weeks. I use to weigh myself daily but it made me crazy seeing the little fluctuations.
  • double_nn
    double_nn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, except sometimes Saturday or Sunday (I budget for extra calories some weekends, and I know the number on the scale wouldn't be representative since I'm just bloated.)
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ideally once a week, but every once in a while I do it more often if I feel like I need to nip something in the bud or if I feel like I am doing very well. Clothes loose, etc.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Once a week, unless I'm getting close to a meet.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Daily. It keeps me accountable and focused.
    I log one per week on MFP, but track on Happy Scale every day.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining. I weigh once a week unless I'm out of town or something. I weigh once a week because I regained 70 lbs by not knowing how much I weighed and assuming that I was alright. When I was losing weight I weighed twice a week. One of those was to record my weight. The other was so I wouldn't be surprised when I stepped on the scale.
  • donovanwoodworking
    donovanwoodworking Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Once a week. It keeps you aware of your last reading.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Once per month
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I log it into a little pocket calendar so I can watch fluctuations. It helps me to see the overall picture.
  • jbirdgreen
    jbirdgreen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I measure my real progress by a once a week weigh in. I only do that when I'm consistent/losing. If I'm staying within the same 2 lb radius, I don't log it.

I also weigh myself daily, but that is just for my general knowledge.

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Mon-Fri, but I only log the newest, lowest weight.
  • kobolover
    kobolover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (i have lost weight before joining here). If i have lost it spurs me on and if i have gained it's a reality check to be more conscious of what's being eaten!!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Don't believe the hype that "you shouldn't weigh yourself daily." Just be aware that weight fluctuates daily for all kinds of reasons, not just fat loss or gain. The long-term trend is what's important, but daily measurements give you a much better picture of longer-term trends than weekly or monthly measurements.

YMMV.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I record morning weigh-ins. I do check during the day, and odds are I can tell if I am having a high sodium or low fluid day right off the bat.

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh in? I really just started 3 days ago. So i am wondering how often do you check your weight?

Used to be weekly but it started having too much control of my attitude, so I don't weigh much anymore. I focus on doing the process. That is, I know if I eat in moderation and do my exercise daily the weight takes care of itself. And I am much happier not being a number.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I prefer monthly but one of the groups I am in has a weekly weigh in so I am weekly until that is done. After that I might switch back to monthly or every other week. Depends on how close I am to my goal.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Daily and my scale updates things (MFP, Garmin Connect, Trendweight) automatically. First thing after waking up and letting the dogs out.