What is your why?

Options

Replies

• FreshAndAlive
    FreshAndAlive Posts: 49 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    orr_stacie wrote: »
    I lost my dad to a heart attack last year and I am headed down the same unhealthy life path. I need to be there for my young boys and have got to make a total life style change!!!

My sincere condolences. Death is never easy but definitely a life changer. You don't have to head down that same road. Being for your boys and making lifestyle changes is the best response. You will never regret investing in your health and being present. I commend you for taking charge. You have my support! #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    JChole wrote: »
    I'm almost 31, and have 2 girls ( 2 years and 6 months). I want to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, to feel healthy and comfortable again. I need to lose weight in order to be able to play and keep up with my girls as they are growing. I don't want to let my weight hold me back from being the mommy they deserve! :)

"2 years and 6 months" what a blessing that is! You can do it! And be patient with yourself along the way, you just brought life into this world! You sound like a great mother! #thanksforsharing
  • EdinBeau
    EdinBeau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of wearing box shirts and hoodies. I want to be able to wear the other half of clothes that's hanging in my closet. I want to be happy when I'm naked, lol.
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    nidhinid wrote: »
    I am 163cm and used to weigh 80 kgs around 6 years back... i slogged my a*s everyday in the gym (and loved it). and in 1.5 years, i was down to 62 kgs. i looked great. everyone who saw me complimented me. i was full of confidence. but slowly i started slacking in my gym routine, and it reflected on my diet as well..
    then I got married and shifted to a new country. the complete change in lifestyle brought in a lot of junk food and little to no exercise.. in 3 years, i am now again at 81kgs (my highest ever) and I feel awful.
    now after these years of lazying around and stuffing my mouth with junk foods, I want to be back to my healthy self. specially when i know how it felt.
    i dont want to shy away from the camera or hide behind someone in group photos.
    i am looking to get my lost confidence back.
    i think many of you can relate to my journey, and we can all be each others motivation.
    cheers to a new life!!

We're the same height
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I love the competition
    Want to continue to be as good as I can possibly be in every sport I play
    Love adventure and never want to be limited by my body in doing anything
    Stay healthy and keep a strong immune system
    Set a great example for my future kids
    Be able to play and coach my future kids in all of their endeavors
    Look d@mn good for my wife
  • mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My why, most importantly is my health. Hello, new here, but I've been working on healing my body and gaining strength for a few months now. I need to make it a more daily ritual. Working out seems to have helped my health issues, allowing me to maintain my weight instead of losing. Being stronger and more active also help to balance me out mentally/spiritually. Hoping this app will make me more accountable and aware. Tracking my food intake and taking note of what foods don't sit well will be beneficial.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    To be better, stronger, faster.
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For the first time ever, I am my why. I have yo-yo dieted for more years than I care to count and my reasons for losing weight have always been other people or things. This time, I've done it for me. And, it's made all the difference. I've lost over fifteen pounds, I feel amazing, and I don't feel like it's something I HAVE to do...like I'm being forced. I'm choosing this for me, and that has changed everything. <3

I commend you for being so honest. Many of us do things for "other people or things." It's time we do things for ourselves and with no apology or guilt. Congratulations on the weight loss! #thanksforsharing

Thank you! It's been hard to not feel guilty or selfish, but as I lose more and more weight and feel better, I have found that our whole family has gotten happier.

I guess it's true what they say: "When mom's happy, everyone's happy!"
  • plantgift92
    plantgift92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new here I joined this site because I desperately need to lose weight. For years I've been trying to get different parts of my life in check and not taking care of my body.
  • MsDavis99
    MsDavis99 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I need to get my sexy back. I lost a lot of confidence, posture changed, started feeling like I was a little quiet girl. that is not who I am. I cant fit any of the clothes in my closet, and I hate going clothes shopping because nothing fits. So I am doing this FOR ME!
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    Sounds totally vain, but I wanna be HOT! Yes, I could say it's for my health, because I like feeling strong, because I my husband is often away for work and I need to be able to move furniture by myself....

But really, I love being the "hot sister"!!!!!

:sunglasses:

Nothing wrong with wanting to be hot. I don't want to be hot said no one ever! Plus if it's motivating you to invest in your health it's a positive thing!
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    I'm new here I joined this site because I desperately need to lose weight. For years I've been trying to get different parts of my life in check and not taking care of my body.

You can do it. It's never too late. I believe in you!
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    To be better, stronger, faster.

Cheers to "better, stronger, faster"
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    mechell007 wrote: »
    My why, most importantly is my health. Hello, new here, but I've been working on healing my body and gaining strength for a few months now. I need to make it a more daily ritual. Working out seems to have helped my health issues, allowing me to maintain my weight instead of losing. Being stronger and more active also help to balance me out mentally/spiritually. Hoping this app will make me more accountable and aware. Tracking my food intake and taking note of what foods don't sit well will be beneficial.

Health is Wealth! I hear you. Exercise helps with maintenance and a key part of mind body soul balance. Accountability is why I am also using this app. #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    I love the competition
    Want to continue to be as good as I can possibly be in every sport I play
    Love adventure and never want to be limited by my body in doing anything
    Stay healthy and keep a strong immune system
    Set a great example for my future kids
    Be able to play and coach my future kids in all of their endeavors
    Look d@mn good for my wife

These are amazing reasons that I am sure will keep your drive alive. Most importantly, I hope you are also doing it for yourself. #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    nidhinid wrote: »
    I am 163cm and used to weigh 80 kgs around 6 years back... i slogged my a*s everyday in the gym (and loved it). and in 1.5 years, i was down to 62 kgs. i looked great. everyone who saw me complimented me. i was full of confidence. but slowly i started slacking in my gym routine, and it reflected on my diet as well..
    then I got married and shifted to a new country. the complete change in lifestyle brought in a lot of junk food and little to no exercise.. in 3 years, i am now again at 81kgs (my highest ever) and I feel awful.
    now after these years of lazying around and stuffing my mouth with junk foods, I want to be back to my healthy self. specially when i know how it felt.
    i dont want to shy away from the camera or hide behind someone in group photos.
    i am looking to get my lost confidence back.
    i think many of you can relate to my journey, and we can all be each others motivation.
    cheers to a new life!!

We're the same height
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've always had an interest in health and fitness. I stay fit because it looks and feels awesome. The alternative does not appeal to me. I don't need perfection. My lifelong goal is just to be the best version of ME at every age, and so far I think I've been doing a pretty good job of that. (You know it when you feel it.)

I had a few years in my 30's where I was under a lot of stress at work and let myself get pretty mediocre - not terrible, but not where I wanted to be - tired and sluggish... I wanted better for myself so I came to MFP and got myself straightened out and back on the right track.

There's always room for improvement, and that's good, because I like having goals to work on. B)
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    EdinBeau wrote: »
    I'm tired of wearing box shirts and hoodies. I want to be able to wear the other half of clothes that's hanging in my closet. I want to be happy when I'm naked, lol.

Lol I hear you. It's possible to be happy naked along your journey. Our bodies are amazing vessels that need to be loved and cared for beyond our size and shape. It is possible but a journey! #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    I want to look good, feel great, raise money for charity and be able to play with my kids until they're tired and not the other way around!

You can do all of that! It's not easy but necessary and worth it! #thanksforsharing
  • FreshAndAlive
    Options
    As un original as this sounds, from the time I was born I always wanted to be the best "Me" I could ever be. I always wanted to give my all in every endeavor of my life so through failure and success I would have no regrets.

Working towards becoming your best version is a noble and necessary endeavor. You can do it! #thanksforsharing