Early morning motivation

Options
What are some of your tips/motivators for early morning workouts?! I keep hitting snooze! I think I'm not going to bed early enough.

Replies

• amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I should add, my alarm goes off at 5am, usually go to bed around 10pm.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Put the alarm on the other side of the room. Snooze has never been an option for me. I doubt if I know how to use it.

Best of luck.
  • Elijah8468
    Elijah8468 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Maybe find a partner. Helps when someone else holds you accountable
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Have a goal bigger than just "I want to workout"
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I don't use alarms clocks... I just get up. I usually have to pee.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    My alarm simulates sunrise so it gently begins to light (like the sun) up 15 minutes before I wake up, then in 5 minutes it plays classical music and increases in volume as the light increases...I use this time to come up with excuses why I should not go to the gym...then I find no valid excuse and just get up and go - I know, weird, but it works every time, lol! I usually wake up at 4 am M-F (but at 3:30 am on Tuesday and 5 am on Saturday; For the days I wake up at 4 am, I am in bed by 9 pm and on the 3:30 am days, I am in bed by 8:00 pm). Best of luck!
  • mkkhoza1
    mkkhoza1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    amysmartin wrote: »
    What are some of your tips/motivators for early morning workouts?! I keep hitting snooze! I think I'm not going to bed early enough.

I totally hear you. I think for me this whole journey has been increasing my willpower especially in light of the "why". I'm a father of 4, husband to 1, with several health threats in my family tree if things don't turn around. With that in mind, it helps me to spring out of bed when that alarm goes off. Best of luck to you dear :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Starting tonight I am setting my phone alarm for 530AM and putting it across the room so I have to get out of bed to turn it off. Once my feet hit the floor I am up.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I used to go to the gym early in the morning before (around 6 am), and I used to sleep with my gym clothes on. That way whenever I woke up I was ready to go.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    Options
    I started doing several 0545 classes last year. I put my workout clothes in the bathroom the night before, even fill my coffee mug with water ahead of time. When the alarm goes off, I just have to move quickly and not think about it. Once I'm dressed, I'm good to go. It took a few weeks, but it's gotten easier. It helps that I really like these classes and that the same people go to them, so it's also been fun to get to know some of them. And being done with it at 0645, awake and dressed lets me get a lot done during the day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm of no help. I get up at 5 every morning, no alarm, i just naturally get up at that time (but I'm asleep by 8:30 most nights). But it takes me forever to feel human and my legs don't start moving properly till 8:30-9am.

I have great admiration and respect for folks who are at the gym at dawn :+1:
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I tell myself, 'get up and you will be done with exercise for the day by 8am!'
    and I usually allow myself 1 snooze - but that may just work for me.
    My alarm goes off at 6:10 and I am out of the house by 6:30 latest depending if I use my snooze hehe rhymes.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    How about, 'fit your workout into a different time of the day'?

I'm a night owl; early morning workouts are not a thing for me, and are never going to be a thing for me. I fit them in over lunch time instead.
  • Charabz69
    Charabz69 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I must admit I am bad for hitting snooze! My alarm is set for 5.30am and I generally don't get up till 5.45! My motivation is that I know I will feel ace after the class/workout and go into my work happy :) I set out all my kit the night before,pack my bag etc so I know its a case of getting dressed,brushing my teeth and I'm out the door.
    Find a class you enjoy? That may help? Good Luck x