How quickly do you lose weight counting macros

Options
I'm just doing a very low calorie diet and trying to eat high protein low carb (under 1000 cal a day). I'm interested in how counting macros has worked for people..like how rapidly weight loss occurred. I'm scared to up my calories as I have a deadline! Lol!!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Problem with the low calories is malnutrition. You are going to be doing some serious damage to your body eating so little.

Why the rush?
  • Sara3434
    Sara3434 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your on dangerous ground here with a vlcd.....
    There's no lol about it, I'm sure others will tell you it's very unhealthy plus macros don't come into it it's all calories in calories out math
  • lollipopoo
    lollipopoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had been eating 1200 cal a day and I was just maintaining the same weight, not losing anything.
  • lollipopoo
    Options
    I'm in a rush as I'm going OS. Sorry I can't figure out how to reply individually.
  • lollipopoo
    Options
    When I put my info into a macro calculator it's telling me to eat 1500 cal.. it seems way too much?
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    More than likely it's not. How tall are you and what do you weigh now? While it's very tempting to lose weight by eating barely anything, it's really not healthy in the long run.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    lollipopoo wrote: »
    I had been eating 1200 cal a day and I was just maintaining the same weight, not losing anything.

Your counting is off then and you were actually eating more than you thought. To be accurate, everything has to be weighed and measured and you would certainly lose weight on 1200 a day. Also, please don't get in a rush. The secret to making this work is developing sustainable healthy eating habits that you can maintain for a lifetime.
  • RoseJaneNB
    RoseJaneNB Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    For my weight loss I put 1200 calories too. Seems web calculators don't suggest less. My goal was too aggressive it told me, sonit suggested 1200 calories. It's early days but this week looks to be 2 kilo loss. I was aiming for 1 so maybe I should eat more. I seem to be able to eat quite well and stick within the 1200 so I am confused. My loss could also be due to my excercise though - maybe if you want to lose more up the sport instead of dropping calories more?
    Whats going OS? Overseas? Sorry I am just nosey! ;)
  • lollipopoo
    Options
    Yes overseas! I do weigh my food and am eating nuts for some fat, fruit and veg and chicken and eye fillet steak... and go to spin!!! I just wondered how counting macros made a difference to just calorie counting. It seems you need to get the macros really accurate and i wanted to know if this would make a difference for me.
  • RoseJaneNB
    Options
    25,40,35 that's mine. And so far so good.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I eat about 1500/day and that nets me a loss of a little over 1lb of fat per week. I have a bit of wiggle room for tracking errors and over days with that figure :)
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that going overseas had a weight requirement??
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    This is going to get closed shortly I'd imagine
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    What's your stats? How much do you weigh, how tall are you, your age?
  • RoseJaneNB
    Options
    Why?
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Yes overseas! I do weigh my food and am eating nuts for some fat, fruit and veg and chicken and eye fillet steak... and go to spin!!! I just wondered how counting macros made a difference to just calorie counting. It seems you need to get the macros really accurate and i wanted to know if this would make a difference for me.

How long have you been at this? You weigh everything on a food scale?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    When I put my info into a macro calculator it's telling me to eat 1500 cal.. it seems way too much?
    1500 is never too much.

Please answer the questions (age, height, current weight, goal weight). Also, do you use a food scale to weigh ALL foods that aren't liquids? Thanks.
    There is no way you'd be maintaining on 1200 unless you're 4' and over 50.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Why?

Discussions about VLCD are not allowed.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing a very low calorie diet and trying to eat high protein low carb (under 1000 cal a day). I'm interested in how counting macros has worked for people..like how rapidly weight loss occurred. I'm scared to up my calories as I have a deadline! Lol!!

A minimum number of calories is about meeting nutritional guidelines. If you truely are under eating you are losing weight at the expense of your health. Your body needs minimums for heart, lungs, brain, kidneys. When your body doesn't get enough calories it will make choices - heart muscle or a full head of hair? Google low calorie diets and hair loss. Fat stores don't fuel every single thing, you're losing lean muscle mass too.

Macros aren't about weight loss.....calories are. Macros are about satiety, pre-existing health issues, personal preference.