Are there any 6'+ girls success stories out there?

Options
acmorris77
acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
I lost 45 lbs over the past year starting with using intermittent fasting prescribed for my high triglycerides. I'm just starting to get into exercise now. I'm 6'2" SW: 230 CW: 185. I'll never be a size 2, my smallest was a 10 because I have wide hip bones, but i'm happy at a size 12. Any other tall girls having success?

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm 3/4 through my success story.

I'm 186cm /6'1 and started at 160kg (350lbs), currently 96kg (211lbs). Aiming for around the 75-80kg as an estimate; although I'll pretty much just stop when I feel I need to.

I'm happy because I get to eat more than my shorter counterparts. On the other hand, I hate having to buy mens running shoes since the women's ones rarely go past size 41/42.
  • acmorris77
    acmorris77 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job tall girls!! Very inspiring. Yes, It is also nice to be able to eat so much more than shorter people. My best friend is 5' and is barely allotted 1250 with no wiggle room!
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    acmorris77 wrote: »
    I lost 45 lbs over the past year starting with using intermittent fasting prescribed for my high triglycerides. I'm just starting to get into exercise now. I'm 6'2" SW: 230 CW: 185. I'll never be a size 2, my smallest was a 10 because I have wide hip bones, but i'm happy at a size 12. Any other tall girls having success?

Hey girl hey! Fellow 6' tall girl over here. My starting weight this year was 189 but my heaviest was 195. I am currently at 171.2 and hoping to get to 169 but the end of next week. I thought 160 would be my goal weight but I weight lift as well as HIIT and counting my macros, so my weight loss may stop for a while as I'm re-comping my body. That's the dream at least. I doubt I'll ever get below a size 10 pant though either because of my giant hip bones!!
  • edwill3456
    edwill3456 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    acmorris77 wrote: »
    Great job tall girls!! Very inspiring. Yes, It is also nice to be able to eat so much more than shorter people. My best friend is 5' and is barely allotted 1250 with no wiggle room!
    Lol being 6'1 is awesome as a guy. I have a better metabolism that shorter males.
  • renellchocolatechip
    Options
    Hey tall ladies! Im 6' and started at 289 in june im down to 274. Trying to stay focused but this gets a little lonely and a bit boring. But its great seeing other tall women on the site. My goal weight is 190. So i have some ways to go yet.
  • Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hey tall ladies! Im 6' and started at 289 in june im down to 274. Trying to stay focused but this gets a little lonely and a bit boring. But its great seeing other tall women on the site. My goal weight is 190. So i have some ways to go yet.

You and I are almost weight loss twins! I'm 6', started at 293, and was 272 this morning. My goal is 185.
  • need2belean
    Options
    Welcome to the club tall gals!!
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I was 192 when I started, lowest I got was 142! size 16 down to 3/4- size 7 depending on clothes. I'm 6' with wide hips thighs so it CAN happen. I've been slacking and put on 10lbs, I need to get back on it!!
  • need2belean
    Options
    a_candler wrote: »
    I was 192 when I started, lowest I got was 142! size 16 down to 3/4- size 7 depending on clothes. I'm 6' with wide hips thighs so it CAN happen. I've been slacking and put on 10lbs, I need to get back on it!!

Good to know I could possibly get to a size 8. I've got wide hips too and sometimes I feel it's impossible to get into a smaller waist size. I'm 170lbs though started at 190ish. We'll see what happens when I reach 160.
  • callielizabethrocks
    callielizabethrocks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm almost in the club 5'11" but Amazonian bone structure. starting weight 232 lowest weight 158 (but that was after strep). I've stayed around 175-180 for a year.

I always laugh because my healthy BMI ranges from 137! to 179. I can't imagine how scary I'd look south of 150.
  • jadelyndsey
    jadelyndsey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to be a success story! I'm 6'1, 23 years of age, and I've been pretty up and down all my life with my weight. After gaining around 50lbs in about 3 months, I got horrific stretch marks on my tummy that are still bright red, that still haven't faded and I feel like I've ruined my body, so since April I've been trying to kind of apply some intermittent fasting/5:2 features to my daily food intake although I can't say I've been following a particular diet. However, it has been working!!

I started at the beginning of April at 261lbs. I am now 239.5lbs with weigh day being tomorrow although I suspect I've either stayed the same or perhaps even gained half a pound due to not being able to apply my usual things this week and eating out/generally enjoying life but that doesn't matter because weight loss is a marathon and not a sprint! I'd love to be roughly 220lb by the start of 2018, which I feel is realistic for me. I'm also going to Mexico in October 2018 so my ideal weight by then is roughly 180 plus a slender more toned physique (preferably with faded stretch marks!!!) but we will see how it goes!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!