Tripping a lot

Options
MaddMaestro
MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
edited April 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Lately, in the past few months, I've been tripping at least twice everyday with the ball of my right foot scraping the ground. I thought it was because of the weight loss and my body was trying to readjust, but surely I would have figured out walking by now. I'm starting to worry about injuring myself, especially since I injured my back two days ago (unrelated).

Has anyone else experienced difficulty walking with weight loss or should I get this checked out by a doctor?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've read this before...have you posted this issue in the past?

See a doctor
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    See a doctor
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Go see a podiatrist, preferably one with a sports background.
    I had similar problems years ago. My cause of tripping was arthritis developing in the toes of one of my feet. She had me get fitted for orthotics, which helped me walk differently and not trip.
  • MaddMaestro
    Options
    I feel like I've read this before...have you posted this issue in the past?

See a doctor

No, I haven't but it helps to know that somebody else had went through somethig similar.
  • MaddMaestro
    Options
    maddymama wrote: »
    I had similar problems years ago. My cause of tripping was arthritis developing in the toes of one of my feet. She had me get fitted for orthotics, which helped me walk differently and not trip.

Oh wow, I can't imagine having arthritis yet,..
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a doctor. Maybe you have a longer leg- before, your weight compressed it enough it wasn't noticeable? I have a longer leg, but I don't really need an excuse to trip. As my mom used to say, I could trip on air. haha.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle when I was 12, and they way they casted my foot started me to develop osteoarthritis in my toes. It took a decade for it to really start to bother me. I have not other development of arthritis in my body, just in that one spot.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Oh wow, I can't imagine having arthritis yet,..

You can develop arthritis at any age, especially with injury and wear and tear, it just is more common and more severe as we age. My second cousin developed some rare, funky type of arthritis when she was 12. See your doctor and find out what's up!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I broke my ankle when I was 12, and they way they casted my foot started me to develop osteoarthritis in my toes. It took a decade for it to really start to bother me. I have not other development of arthritis in my body, just in that one spot.

Same thing happened to my husband, too. They screwed up when they set his foot and now it's slightly deformed and he also developed arthritis in that foot soon after (he was 22 when he broke it.)