Hit target

Options
I've hit my main target of losing six stone but now I need to know how to start increasing my calories and not start gaining. This week I've increased my daily intake from 1240 to 1460 and put on 2.6 lbs even though I've probably done more walking and also alittle more workouts. The walking I've done throughout my dieting since April 2016 but the workouts are new. These I'm doing as my belly still holds a lot of fat and I'm doing 8 minute ab workout every weekday morning and Monday to Thursday evenings. So I'm sure the workout wouldn't of played a part in gaining this week.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Weight gains out of proportion to your calorie intake are predominately water related.

Give yourself time and adjust based on the long term trend not spikes and troughs.

(PS - I assume you know that the abs workouts cannot target fat loss from your belly?)
  • gnu4liberty
    gnu4liberty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining at 134. I just started this challenge. I don't know what I am doing. I guess I will weigh once a week and hope for the best. As long as I log my food, I should be able to see when I am eating too much.
  • SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've totally been able to lose the weight. Only gained twice in 12 months until this week when I've tried to increase my calories and then put on couple pounds. Think I need to increase them when I'm comfortable with my weight and then increase little per week. Good luck!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It's a bit of trial and error. MFP gave me 1490 for maintenance(5"4' 125lbs and 46 yo) and I still kept loosing weight so I upped my calories to 1600. So far it seems to working out ok, however I have not really exercised since I hit my target weight and went below. I need to get my butt back in gear!!! I wish you the best of luck!!!
  • SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Yeah I think it's all trial and error. Been doing ab work outs for my jelly belly and now discover that's not enough! So need to do cardio with the ab work out to burn fat but also strengthen my core and abs. I have had four children and it's taken me a year to lose the six stone (83lbs) so maybe it will be another year to tone up? Got to be better than surgery?! Thank you for your support! Xx
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    That's kind of how I am looking at it too. If it takes me another 8 months to tone up, I'm fine with that. Wish I would have started strength training in the beginning........We live and learn though:)