I AM SO PROUD OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
drum roll please:...........................

I ran in my very first ever 5K today and I RAN the whole thing!!!! I did not stop to walk and recover, I RAN!!!!! I am so proud of myself. It took me about 40 minutes, so I wasn't running THAT fast, but I WAS running!

I feel so accomplished.:blushing: :love: :bigsmile:

When I began getting ready for this around Thanksgiving, I could not run three minutes without huffing and puffing. I ran for 40 minutes straight today, the longest time I have ever spent running in my life EVER. I was so impressed by the half-marathoners, and I want to BE that girl, who is so fit and so healthy. I'm on my way!

I'll be signing autographs later, for whoever is interested..:laugh: :blushing:

YAY!!!!!!

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    drum roll please:...........................

I ran in my very first ever 5K today and I RAN the whole thing!!!! I did not stop to walk and recover, I RAN!!!!! I am so proud of myself. It took me about 40 minutes, so I wasn't running THAT fast, but I WAS running!

I feel so accomplished.:blushing: :love: :bigsmile:

When I began getting ready for this around Thanksgiving, I could not run three minutes without huffing and puffing. I ran for 40 minutes straight today, the longest time I have ever spent running in my life EVER. I was so impressed by the half-marathoners, and I want to BE that girl, who is so fit and so healthy. I'm on my way!

I'll be signing autographs later, for whoever is interested..:laugh: :blushing:

YAY!!!!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    Congrats! You are such an inspiration! Woo Hoo keep up the good work!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You rock!!

My daughter runs cross country and track so my goal right now is to just be able to go do practice runs with her. Like you, I couldnt make it a few minutes.. but Im actually getting somewhere now. Still cant do no 40 minutes, but at least I can make it 4!! :laugh: I'll get there eventually. Hopefully by late spring :love:

Again, way to go!! That is an awesome accomplishment!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beagle595
    Options
    YOU'RE AWESOME!!!! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! STAY UP IN THE CLOUDS FOR A WHILE AND ENJOY THE VIEW! HERE'S A WATER TOAST TO YOU! SALUTE! :drinker: :happy: :wink: :smile: :drinker:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You have my utmost respect. I gotta stop and start all the time. Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    :noway: Wow! Awesome. I can only run a couple of mins and have to stop. 40 mins. That's so good. Keep it up and go for more races. You must feel so good. Tks for sharing your success story. Inspiring.:happy:
  • geo1177
    Options
    Congratz! 5k all the way! Keep it up.
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you should be proud of yourself!!!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    congrats! Maybe i'll make it up to that eventually!
  • rosered51
    Options
    Way to go!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU TOOOOOO!!!!!

What a way to start the year,, your first 5K, the first of many I am sure!
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Me me me me me!!!!!! I want your autograph!!!! FANTASTIC! You ROCK! Or should I say You RUN!:bigsmile:

:drinker: :wink: :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words, I am so happy to hear all the positive feedback from everybody! Thanks!!!!!!!!!
  • klwalke3
    Options
    congrats!!!!!!! happy day!!!! that is fantastic. Runnin long distances is such a hard thing to do. im super impressed. keep up the good work.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - I'm proud of you also. You say you started training in November? And you were able to run that long already? WOW - THAT'S REALLY GREAT. Keep up the good work.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 5k!! :drinker: A toast of water to you!

Now you will continue to not only run but to keep cutting minutes off of your time!
    I hope this summer I am brave enough to try one.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    wow, congrats that is so great, keep up the great work.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    YOU MAKE ME PROUD!!!!!!!!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm so Proud of you TOO!:drinker: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Good Job Honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for you!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!