Is Starbucks Coffee bad?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Minina567
    Minina567 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have decided i will only drink a Mocha Frappucchino on fridays otherwise i will feel miserable.. and tomorrow is friday!.. :) i can't wait lol
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    From the OP: " i love the moccha and coffee frappucchinos, i get them light."

You need to check out the calorie counts for the light frappucchinos, not the regular ones. There is a significant calorie difference.

OP told us what she was drinking -- light mocha frappuchinos and light coffee frappuchinos. Unless you think she is deliberately misleading us, the higher calorie count of other drinks are off-topic and not particularly helpful to the OP's situation. Some Starbucks drinks can indeed be calorie bombs. The two she specifically mentioned are not.

It's like if someone asked a question about grilled chicken and the conversation become about the calorie count of fried chicken.

If she is getting a "mocha light frapachino", that appears to be 140 calories.
    https://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/mocha-frappuccino-light-blended-beverage
    It's like if someone asked a question about grilled chicken and the conversation become about the calorie count of fried chicken.

No, it's not like that at all. But you can think that if you want. ;)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    From the OP: " i love the moccha and coffee frappucchinos, i get them light."

You need to check out the calorie counts for the light frappucchinos, not the regular ones. There is a significant calorie difference.

OP told us what she was drinking -- light mocha frappuchinos and light coffee frappuchinos. Unless you think she is deliberately misleading us, the higher calorie count of other drinks are off-topic and not particularly helpful to the OP's situation. Some Starbucks drinks can indeed be calorie bombs. The two she specifically mentioned are not.

If she is getting a "mocha light frapachino", that appears to be 140 calories.
    https://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/mocha-frappuccino-light-blended-beverage

No, it's not like that at all. But you can think that if you want. ;)

Yep, the calorie count I posted above was for the light coffee frappuchino. The mocha one is 30 calories more. I'm glad you were finally able to locate the correct information. 110 calories (or 140 calories) wouldn't be a terrible decision or a road to nutritional deficiency for most people with a reasonable deficit.

When we're discussing a drink that is under 150 calories, acting like we're talking about a 500 calorie drink is absolutely changing the subject. I'm not sure how it's helpful to OP, tbh.
  • kmurrelli
    kmurrelli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you adjusted your goal in MFP since you've lost the weight? As you lose weight, your body burns less calories than it used to. Click to adjust your goals in the app, even if your actual goal isn't changing. It will change your calorie goals to reflect your new weight. I used to get 1600 losing half a pound a week, now I only get 1450.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    kmurrelli wrote: »
    Have you adjusted your goal in MFP since you've lost the weight? As you lose weight, your body burns less calories than it used to. Click to adjust your goals in the app, even if your actual goal isn't changing. It will change your calorie goals to reflect your new weight. I used to get 1600 losing half a pound a week, now I only get 1450.

This is a great tip. Mine has auto adjusted down but for some weird reason, once or twice my husband's hasn't and he's had to go in and update his goals.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Oh, good grief.
    a) The original poster is not getting it...it you're truly counting the calories of the drink and including it in your total, there's something else going on. You don't have to give them up.
    b) To the people who are saying they have 400 cals; you can get the "light" version ( I get a mocha "light frapp every now and then) for around 140 cals.
  • arose1122
    arose1122 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Just throwing it out there but are you sure they are making you a skinny latte not a full fat one? And if your having syrups are you accounting for them or getting sugar free?

I only ask as my local one have a habit of just making it as they feel like

After being given several full sugar ones which make me ill i now insist on watching them and correcting them if they dont use the sugar free

This. In my area some locations are notorious for making a drink any old way. I've had to go back and have them fix my drink many times. I've watched them make them wrong. I've even heard the "we were out of sugar free syrup so I made it regular since we're busy" excuse. Watch them like a hawk to make sure you're getting exactly what you ask for.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    arose1122 wrote: »
    Just throwing it out there but are you sure they are making you a skinny latte not a full fat one? And if your having syrups are you accounting for them or getting sugar free?

I only ask as my local one have a habit of just making it as they feel like

After being given several full sugar ones which make me ill i now insist on watching them and correcting them if they dont use the sugar free

This. In my area some locations are notorious for making a drink any old way. I've had to go back and have them fix my drink many times. I've watched them make them wrong. I've even heard the "we were out of sugar free syrup so I made it regular since we're busy" excuse. Watch them like a hawk to make sure you're getting exactly what you ask for.

I've had this problem too - rarely with subbing sugared for SF but in general. I ask for sugar-free mocha IN my coffee and I get a Skinny Mocha, which is a latte and is more than 100 calories more than just adding the syrup. I get that they're busy and they're used to getting the same type of order over and over again so now I specify "two pumps of SF mocha syrup" in an Americano or whatever.

My tipoff is when I get my drink and it's very light in color. :D