Row the world games UPDATED

Options

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    BUMP and great idea!! I like the idea of changing the rest day - Wed is a running day and Thursdays are my "rest" days. Thanks Lee for all you do!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Sweet. Wednesday's my rest day anyways.
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Bump! Great idea!
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I really like the idea of the rest day, so I think it'd be great to work it in. However, I really hate the idea of being forced into which day I should take my rest day... because I will never take it on Wednesday (it just doesn't fit into my routine). So I'm basically stuck with two days where I'll have nothing to show for it since I take a rest day at another time during the week. And just for me personally, Wednesday usually happens to be a very nice burn day, and for that not to count... well it sucks. Is there any way that this could be more individualized?

My personal suggestion would be organizing the rest day at the team level. Either the entire team picks their rest day for the week, or each individual declares their rest day to the captain. Regardless of whether or not an individual works out on their rest day, the calories won't count (since I know some workout 7 days a week or take active recovery days).

Thank you again for all you do in organizing this challenge!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a rest day, because some rowers do feel pressure to push it every day, but also agree with some other posters about making it more individualized - what if all rowers were required to take one rest day each calendar week, and make it incumbent on the skippers to sort it out? Like basically, they can only count 6 days numbers for each rower each calendar week? But individuals could then select which day they want to take off? Because it would suck if the official rest day (whole game or team-determined) fell on a day where you were committed to work out, and your calories didn't count, and then you still took another day off to actually rest, so you're out 2 days...
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    I love the idea of a rest day, because some rowers do feel pressure to push it every day, but also agree with some other posters about making it more individualized - what if all rowers were required to take one rest day each calendar week, and make it incumbent on the skippers to sort it out? Like basically, they can only count 6 days numbers for each rower each calendar week? But individuals could then select which day they want to take off? Because it would suck if the official rest day (whole game or team-determined) fell on a day where you were committed to work out, and your calories didn't count, and then you still took another day off to actually rest, so you're out 2 days...

Oh this sounds like the best idea. Only 6 out of 7 days should count for each person. Great idea :-)
  • amber_bamber
    amber_bamber Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I really like the Idea of each person picking the rest day and just letting the captain know that it was a rest day, but they drank so many cups of water.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I really like the Idea of each person picking the rest day and just letting the captain know that it was a rest day, but they drank so many cups of water.

I agree.
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

I agree.

ditto this. More fair that way because not all of us are doing our exercise based on the rowing schedule. (I already have my rest days planned on Wednesday every week).
  • FL_Nettie
    FL_Nettie Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bummed Wed won't count as that's the day I scheduled to work with my trainer. So I like the idea of teams being able to pick their own rest days.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think a rest day is a great idea, however it isn't really fair to tell everyone (the whole challenge or an individual team) what day that should be. If my team has a required rest day and I happen have a different rest day base on my schedule I am going to lose 2 days of miles.
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I think a rest day is a great idea, however it isn't really fair to tell everyone (the whole challenge or an individual team) what day that should be. If my team has a required rest day and I happen have a different rest day base on my schedule I am going to lose 2 days of miles.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

I agree.

ditto this. More fair that way because not all of us are doing our exercise based on the rowing schedule. (I already have my rest days planned on Wednesday every week).

This sounds like the best plan
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ok nobody kill me, but as someone doing this for the first time, its alot to keep track of. Nevermind the fact that I have to record 15 ppl's calories and send them in daily, but I have to hunt down calories everyday for people who don't report them in, keep track of all these different mini challenges, and try to follow 20 different post threads so I know what's going on. I'm enoying the challenge but its a little overwhelming!

Trying to keep track of everyone's individual chosen "rest day", or even decide on a rest day for the team is too much. I understand some people workout hard on Wednesdays, but if you're not earning any miles, neither is anyone else. They're not gonna gain on you that day. I say Lee bang the gavel and make it Wednesday across the board...or whatever day, doesn't matter.

Sorry for being negative...I just don't know how room I have left in my brain for this challenge...:ohwell:
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Ok nobody kill me, but as someone doing this for the first time, its alot to keep track of. Nevermind the fact that I have to record 15 ppl's calories and send them in daily, but I have to hunt down calories everyday for people who don't report them in, keep track of all these different mini challenges, and try to follow 20 different post threads so I know what's going on. I'm enoying the challenge but its a little overwhelming!

Trying to keep track of everyone's individual chosen "rest day", or even decide on a rest day for the team is too much. I understand some people workout hard on Wednesdays, but if you're not earning any miles, neither is anyone else. They're not gonna gain on you that day. I say Lee bang the gavel and make it Wednesday across the board...or whatever day, doesn't matter.

Sorry for being negative...I just don't know how room I have left in my brain for this challenge...:ohwell:

I'm not a team captain but I totally agree with the above. Everyone has different rest days and it would just be too much to try to coordinate as a team or more. I don't think anyone should change their rest day just for this challenge. My rest days are usually Fridays and they will continue to be. Maybe what can work is if each week, Lee chooses a different rest day so it is not the same each week. If your calorie burned doesn't get counted, no worries, work even harder the next day and help your team get more miles. I think that will be simple enough.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Our team players already take rest days (it's a game after all)

so

not sure I like the idea of mandatory, but I could pick a day a week to not count (or to count water intake instead)

thanks for keeping things fresh
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

I agree.

This sounds like the best plan

I agree with this too
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Go Moxie!