Hamburger Helper...

Options
When you choose this in the database "as prepared" do the calories count everything that's in it like butter or oil, and the meat? Just wondered because I have other side dish noodle boxes and they don't require meat and the calories are very close. Plus, I use turkey meat, not beef.

Replies

• agulledge32
    Options
    It's very tricky because some people have entered foods based on the way they have prepared it and not the way you would. You could totally enter it as your own recipe. That will calculate the calories for you per serving.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    yeah thats true, thanks for the tip. i dont want to go over my calories for boring hamburger helper lol maybe for cheesecake factory..
  • jwerman
    jwerman Posts: 176
    Options
    Just a suggestion...avoid the box and make your OWN version of Hamburger Helper. Its much easier to track when YOU chose what goes in it plus you will skip all the extra sodium and such. And it really doesn't take that much more time. My hubby and I used to eat HH a lot before our lifestyle change, now we make our own combos and it can be really fun! One combo we really like is: ground turkey, rice, low sodium beans and salsa or taco seasoning...kind of a take on the enchilada and chili mac versions. Hope this helps, ENJOY!