Best exercises for glutes?

Options
2»

Replies

• mbloescher
    mbloescher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Alternating spider lunges and squats. That I just know from personal experience. Everyones body reacts to exercise differently, though, even when trying to target certain areas.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Hiking...on trails with lots of elevation gain. Seriously...my entire life I had a flat pancake *kitten*. I did hundred of squats, lunges, etc...all the usual suspects in an attempt to get even the slightest improvement. Nothing helped.

But I started hiking in January...just one or two hikes a week. That is the only new element of my fitness activities. Within two months I start to notice a definite improvement and it continues to improve. Don't get me wrong...it's not a J Lo *kitten* by any means (genetics would not give me that no matter what I did), but I don't want a big *kitten*. I just want a nicely curved moderate *kitten* and I am very close to that now.
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't know why squats are hurting my knee. I was quite sure my form was ok, but maybe I've slipped somewhere. Unfortunately, something as small as going up a stair causes severe pain right now. It's something I've been dealing with for a couple of years and they swear nothing is wrong and just give me the shots. I just ordered some glucosamine/chondroitin and will begin taking that tomorrow, so I hope that will help as well.

I greatly appreciate all of the suggestions! You've all provided me with a lot of options that I'm going to add to my current workout and hopefully my butt will pop back out again! B)
  • vjambois
    vjambois Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Kettlebell swings, deadlifts and I agree with the comment mentioned above regarding any lateral move. People forget about that and that's how you end up with a booty that's flat on the sides or with hip dips. An easy lateral move you can do at home is a resistance band on your lower legs/ankles and step side to side.
  • projectalice13
    projectalice13 Posts: 11 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Great question and wonderful answers! Thank you for this! I've been looking for the same thing (better glutes) and needing a larger variety of ideas to prevent boredom.