My hourglass ladies...

nichell88
nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
Have you noticed a change in your figure since you've lost weight? I was a solid, fit hourglass in my teens and early 20s, then I gained a significant amount of weight through my mid to late 20s. I've just lost about 44 pounds in the past four months and am almost down to my high school weight, but I feel like my curves are less defined. My butt has changed shape, my bust is smaller, my waist is wider, and while it's not completely the related, I'm not as toned as I once was. I mean the toning I can work on, and I know I shouldn't expect to have the same body at 30 that I did at 20, but I'd hoped my figure stayed in tact. Anyone else have that experience?

Replies

• nichell88
    edited April 2017
    zc18kkcc71bl.png
    Of course it has changed. And congrats you have done an amazing job. You are reducing your body fat.. so usually boobs go first. My waist is way thicker than it was at 20.. but I also had babies. And even if you haven't had babies.. you body matures. There is a website somewhere that you can't put your information in and find your body double. That might help ease that frustration of "oh damn, where did it go?" Trust me.. You are on the right track.

Thanks. Ya, I'm more of a pear now than hourglass. I've always been bottom heavy but my bust was bigger before. I guess I assumed that after gaining weight I would lose weight in proportion but that doesn't seem to be the case. Below my waist was probably 2 inches smaller or more and my bust was about 2 inches larger than in the after picture above. I guess I assumed my body would tend toward that shape, even if not at those exact measurements, you know?us.d3lwo1b35qgs.png
    v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/93/yq7wq0usxyfw.png
  • beelzeboobs21
    beelzeboobs21 Posts: 5 Member
    Bodies mature and things change. You look are making 40s look great! Good job.
  • nichell88
    edited April 2017
    Sorry lady.. doesn't work that way. Put it out of your mind. Draw a new picture of what you want for yourself. Start working on that.

I know it doesn't, I think I even said that in my original post, so no apology necessary. I guess I was just disappointed and looking to see if others had similar experiences.
  • nichell88

I'm not in my 40s, so ya
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Wow you are beautiful- and I think even more so now than 20 yrs ago- your toned and skin so clear- great work- you have athlete body. Because that's what you are now - a strong woman congrats
  • nichell88

I know that things change as you get older, I said this in my original post, it's not that I'm confused about biology. I was just looking for people with similar experiences
  • alaskandelight
    alaskandelight Posts: 24 Member
    Wooow! Great job! You are a total babe! As someone who was never, ever been in good shape until I started my weight loss journey I can't relate to the "back in the day body." Soooo maybe try to see yourself as a constant work in progress. I personally have put in the time to build the muscle definition for the shape I WANT (hour glass) by focusing or core reducing and booty building workouts. In other words, if you have specific body goals (bigger chest and booty) go see a fitness trainer and they can give you workouts that will help you achieve this direction by building muscles. This may mean that you have to adjust your calories for muscle growth....just a thought. In any case keep up the great work!!
  • nichell88
    Wooow! Great job! You are a total babe! As someone who was never, ever been in good shape until I started my weight loss journey I can't relate to the "back in the day body." Soooo maybe try to see yourself as a constant work in progress. I personally have put in the time to build the muscle definition for the shape I WANT (hour glass) by focusing or core reducing and booty building workouts. In other words, if you have specific body goals (bigger chest and booty) go see a fitness trainer and they can give you workouts that will help you achieve this direction by building muscles. This may mean that you have to adjust your calories for muscle growth....just a thought. In any case keep up the great work!!

Thank you, this is super helpful!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Yep. Went from hourglass to ruler. All the sand in my hips and bust went to my waist!

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    You are gorgeous!

I was an hourglass and 17, then I gained 40lbs over the course of ten years. It's half gone now, and I'm a pear :'( lol I'm happy though that my waist is currently 12" smaller than my hips, so I've got curve down there. I'm curious about what my shape will be when I'm a goal.
  • nichell88
    mila_lova wrote: »
    You are gorgeous!

I was an hourglass and 17, then I gained 40lbs over the course of ten years. It's half gone now, and I'm a pear :'( lol I'm happy though that my waist is currently 12" smaller than my hips, so I've got curve down there. I'm curious about what my shape will be when I'm a goal.

That's exactly what I'm experiencing now. And coincidently, my waist is 29" and my hips are 41", so I've got a 12" difference too, haha. But ya, I've gained about 50 pounds since I was about 17 and I'm knocking on 30 now and have lost 44. My body is definitely looking more pear shaped
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    First of all you look amazing and your progress is inspirational!

I used to be a nice hourglass/slight pear shape, then after my first baby I lost a lot of weight and ended up losing most of my curves along with it. So I had to build it back up with weight lifting and gaining muscle. I built up my upper body (esp my lats), my lower body (esp my booty) and when I leaned down I ended up looking more balanced. While it wasn't the curvy shape as it was before, IMO I love my body better now.

Yes! Building up your back and lats and booty can really change your shape. My waist looks a lot smaller than it used to, even though it isn't! :smiley:
  • nichell88
    CJ_Holmes wrote: »

I used to be a nice hourglass/slight pear shape, then after my first baby I lost a lot of weight and ended up losing most of my curves along with it. So I had to build it back up with weight lifting and gaining muscle. I built up my upper body (esp my lats), my lower body (esp my booty) and when I leaned down I ended up looking more balanced. While it wasn't the curvy shape as it was before, IMO I love my body better now.

Yes! Building up your back and lats and booty can really change your shape. My waist looks a lot smaller than it used to, even though it isn't! :smiley:

Yup.. lifting is great!

Here is what I was talking about. I am about 8-10 lbs heavier in the right photo.
    e3i7f1r9mmgc.jpg

You look great! And already lifting 3x per week, but I'm looking into starting either Strong Curves or Thinner leaner stronger for more structure. I've definitely been pushing myself with the weights
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    nichell88 wrote: »
    CJ_Holmes wrote: »

Yup.. lifting is great!

Here is what I was talking about. I am about 8-10 lbs heavier in the right photo.
    e3i7f1r9mmgc.jpg

You look great! And already lifting 3x per week, but I'm looking into starting either Strong Curves or Thinner leaner stronger for more structure. I've definitely been pushing myself with the weights

Thanks! I did Strong Curves but I've heard amazing things about TLS too.. so both are great options. You are at a perfect spot to maintain/recomp and will definitely see more positive changes with time and consistency
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    @nichell88 - I think the difference between now and the 2004 photo is just muscle mass. Just be consistent with your workouts and keep adding some weight to the bar. You will get there.

You look fantastic now though! Your skin is beautiful! I can't get over the difference in your before and after photo. Your skin looks so smooth and gorgeous! I don't see any stretch marks or loose skin.

I am also looking to start TLS. It is on my next amazon order.
  • nichell88
    bioklutz wrote: »
    @nichell88 - I think the difference between now and the 2004 photo is just muscle mass. Just be consistent with your workouts and keep adding some weight to the bar. You will get there.

You look fantastic now though! Your skin is beautiful! I can't get over the difference in your before and after photo. Your skin looks so smooth and gorgeous! I don't see any stretch marks or loose skin.

I am also looking to start TLS. It is on my next amazon order.

Thank you! Also, not that it really matters, but the picture is not actually from 2004, the camera just wasn't programmed for the correct date. It's more like 2008
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Ya, I don't know what your worried about. Losing the weight is healthy, and believe me when I tell you, the above photos, you all look fantastic, you should be very proud of yourselves.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!