Is this worth a doctors visit..?

Options
Im a super busy person so ill have to literally call in sick from work to go so im wondering if you guys have any suggestions first.

Im dehydrated. I drink tons of liquid. I literally wake up to a 2 litre within first hour and sleep to a 2 litre within the last 2 hours (water). At work i drink 2-4 big cups. And thats not even including cofffee or tea or liquid in my smoothies and foods. My body doesnt seem to be absorbing it, But its backwards to because it also doesnt seem to be expelling it based on my pee color o__O

Its happened before where im super dehydrated even though im drinking plenty, Normally it passes. Its been a few weeks now i have no idea where the water is going to but my pee is now a mix of scary dark in the morning and dark orangy yellow mid day. Its supposed to be lemonade at worst.

Im mainly worried because im getting headaches and my mouth is constantly dry now no matter how much i drink.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Doctor, definitely. Any pain? I'd be concerned about a uti. Do you keep an eye on blood sugars at all? Excessive thirst can also be a symptom of diabetes.

No all my blood and tests have come back in ideal ranges, And like i said its happened before so i didnt let it bother me but i think its gettign to me having it last so long i just feel off and headachey and am tired of feeling dry
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking all that liquid and your pee is orange, go to a doctor.
    I would go to the Dr and get your kidney functions tested. Maybe skip an appointment and just go to an immediate care type place (do they have those in Canada?)

In Canada, it's probably faster to wait for your GP to see you than go to urgent care or the ER.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Go to the dr
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to the dr. The dark urine could be from vitamins you're taking but the excessive thirst is something to definitely be concerned with.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Doctor, definitely. Any pain? I'd be concerned about a uti. Do you keep an eye on blood sugars at all? Excessive thirst can also be a symptom of diabetes.

Edit - do you take any b vitamins that could be affecting the color of your pee?

What makes you say uti @pinuplove iv been prone to them in the past
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

Edit - do you take any b vitamins that could be affecting the color of your pee?

What makes you say uti @pinuplove iv been prone to them in the past

Blood in the urine can affect color. Doesn't affect thirst though, and I'd have to think you'd be feeling it if it was that bad but everyone is different.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    Excessive thirst's a, symptom of; Diabetes.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    See the doc and make sure they know about your fairly rapid weight loss, could be connected.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Excessive thirst's a, symptom of; Diabetes.

i dont feel thirsty guys i just know about proper hydration...My mouth does feel dry so it annoys me into drinking but i dont feel thirsty. The pee is the giveaway to me. And @Theo166 she knows all about that shes been testing my blood and everything bi-monthly :)
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    sounds like ill make an appointment, Thanks guys i just didnt wanna feel stupid going to see a doc and being told "well drink more o_O" or something
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    If you urine is brown, that's kidney failure, and you shouldn't hesitate seeing a doctor. Are you retaining water in your ankles? How do your rings fit (if you wear them)? Feeling off and achy, along with water retention, were my first symptoms of kidney failure.

If it's orange-y or pink, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a UTI. Good luck at the doctor!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience to share, just sending up a prayer that it is something easy to fix. I definitely wouldn't ignore it, though.

• TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should increase electrolytes. You can be drinking a lot of water and not replenishing electrolytes and continue to be dehydrated. Maybe try some Powerade, Gatorade, smart water or something of the like to increase electrolytes. I agree to see dr but in the meantime I would drink electrolyte drinks.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor. That sounds like the first signs of diabetes. It could also be other issues like kidney problems. It's definitely something to be concerned about.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Yes, go to a doctor or urgent care, I would be concerned about a kidney problem. Sending you positive thoughts!