6 stone down, final stone left to go!

SarahR2412
SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
I started my diet the end of April 2016 and so far have lost 6 stone 1lbs. And I have 13lbs left to go! Should of done more exercise throughout, I.e weights?! But walked throughout and done kettle bells, hiit work outs along with jogging (on the spot)
Before and after picture, started at 17 stone and size 24 (uk) and now 10 stone 13lbs and size 12 (uk). Wish I had done stuff differently since day one but now I got to up the exercise and tone up! Wish me luck!

Replies

• pennygm72
    pennygm72 Posts: 179 Member
    Amazing progress and results, well done!
  • SarahR2412
    Thank you xxx
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Great Job! I wish I knew an easy way to remember what stones equal in pounds. We don't say stone in the US.
  • SarahR2412
    14lbs to every stone. Think that's around 84lbs? Xxx thanks x
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    wow!
  • SarahR2412
    How long have you been using MFP? I started using it about four months into my diet. Been finding out new info since messaging on here! Didn't realise I was basically starving myself by never eating back any of my net calories xxx stuck 1200 cals for so long it's hard to eat more!
  • kmcadam78
    kmcadam78 Posts: 21 Member
    What would you have done differently? You have been v successful and I need to lose approximately the same amount so would be interested in any hints or tips that you could share
  • SarahR2412
    I started in April by cutting out white bread, sweets, chocolate, biscuits, crisps and cakes. I switched from sugar to sweetener and also to skimmed milk from semi skimmed. I also walk every day pretty much, especially at weekends. I did go kettle bells but got easily bored. Since September I started using MFP and counting calories, eating 1200 calories per day. I have one treat day, I weigh on a Friday and this is also my treat day where I eat what I want and then I have six days good! I wish from the beginning that I had done more exercise and been more aware of my calories and that the fact that perhaps I should of ate more but luckily I have lost every week just about and have dropped many dress sizes and inches but still away to go on the belly fat! Any support needed I'm happy to help
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    I started in April by cutting out white bread, sweets, chocolate, biscuits, crisps and cakes. I switched from sugar to sweetener and also to skimmed milk from semi skimmed. I also walk every day pretty much, especially at weekends. I did go kettle bells but got easily bored. Since September I started using MFP and counting calories, eating 1200 calories per day. I have one treat day, I weigh on a Friday and this is also my treat day where I eat what I want and then I have six days good! I wish from the beginning that I had done more exercise and been more aware of my calories and that the fact that perhaps I should of ate more but luckily I have lost every week just about and have dropped many dress sizes and inches but still away to go on the belly fat! Any support needed I'm happy to help

Awesome progress. What is the maintenance plan? You are getting close now!
    What you might want to think about is getting rid of the "eat anything I want" day, and start adding the "everything I want" things throughout the week, to make it easier to transition to maintenance.
  • SarahR2412
    All this is new to me so every week is a challenge. I have cut out so many things and now have to learn to introduce them on normal days. But I can honestly say I've not missed all of the treats and don't really want to eat these treats every day. I cut out cappuccino's and pop and if I eat white bread I get stomach ache so it will be trial and error! And yes close to the end now 13lbs left to go! I enjoy my frisay treat day but I've discovered treat day can also be miserable cause junk food seriously isn't good for you and can make you lethargic and miserable. So I think Friday treat day will eventually be a regular day where I will still eat more than my usual 1200 but won't have all the junk on one day. Think every week will change from week to week!
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    You have done really well. I started at 17 stone, now at 11st 10lbs. I'm only trying to get to 11 stone as I'm 5'7" and I think any lower would make me look too thin.

I managed to get to 11st 2lbs last year but have managed to put a bit back on. Maintenance is going to be hard for me.

Very proud of you for getting to where you are. You have done amazingly!
  • keilee0408
    keilee0408 Posts: 65 Member
    You look amazing!!! Great job!'
  • SarahR2412
    Thank you for your lovely comments! Does help!!! My target all along was to get to 11 stone but I know I never ever want to go back over 11 stone so want to be closer to 10 stone and then start maintaining! Going to be hard! But I'm sure with my new found friends on MFP I can do it! Thanks xxxx
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!