Chin length hair and running

Options
gnat45
gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
Okay, so I'm thinking about cutting my hair, and thinking to about my chin. I am concerned because this length seems the worst of both worlds: long enough to get in the way, but too short to pull into a ponytail or braid. Anyone with hair this length? What do you do?

Replies

• crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would recommend using hair clips to keep hair out of your face and possibly headbands.
  • gnat45
    Options
    I was thinking headbands.
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    a small high ponytail would also work only about half your hair though.. and a ton of clips!!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Dont do chin length! Mines there currently as Im growing out from a really short cut. Its just long enough to pull back but starts falling out as I workout and run. By the end of it, its half down and stuck to my face. I love it otherwise. Just leave enough for pulling it back!
  • runner328
    runner328 Posts: 174
    Options
    I had it that short before. It was cute on me but a pain especially in the summer because I could never get it off my neck. I could get a half (top half) in a ponytail and get it out of my eyes. I grew it out & never had it short again. On the plus side there seemed like less hair on the floor because it was shorter!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hats or visors work pretty well too....
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I pull the front part up to a mini-ponytail on the top of my head and wear a headband to keep the the wisps out of my face. I look oh so sexy when I run. :laugh:
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    you can still make a REALLY high ponytail if you do one of those "flip hair upside down and gather it at the top" things, but I used to clip it and then stuff it under a cap, that way it didn't fall out. Never even thought of headbands, those would have come in useful.
  • chellebelle620
    Options
    That's how long mine is, and I use a headband. Goody makes a comfortable one where the ends are curved. I can wear it all day without any pain. However, I should mention that I don't run. My workouts consist mainly of the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Take each side and put them in 2 ponytails on top of your head.
  • peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    When my hair was that length and it got in my way it was all about the bandana. Cheap and comes in every colour you could want.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I like mine a lot!!! I use a hat when outside and a headband or clips at the gym depending on my mood. Works fine and it's super easy to wash and go! Sure, there are days when I miss my ponytails, but for the most part, this is way easier and I think it's really cute!!!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I am growing my hair out from really short and I always wear a bandana with a couple of clips to keep it from sliding back by accident.
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    I had a funky asymmetrical haircut one side was really short, just a few inches long, the other was chin length . And ...yeah it was not attractive in the least but I pulled it into two really high odd looking pigtails and then one of the stretchy headbands that go all the way around .

Wasn't sexy but it worked.
  • SherryLynn82
    SherryLynn82 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mine is an inverted bob, so its chin length in front and short in the back. I pull mine up in a high half-ponytail on top of my head. I look like a super dork, but it works. I also have two or three headbands that I use if I can't find a ponytail holder. It's really not that difficult to deal with, and I love the length most of the time!
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thin sweat bands, a lot of them are cute even too.

I have the Victoria Beckham reverse bob thing that's chin length and those things make a HUGE difference. It keeps the hair off my face and the sweat out of my eyes.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    thick head band and pig tails
  • gnat45
    Options
    This thread is pushing me away from the chop.
  • turnerjh
    turnerjh Posts: 17
    Options
    Mine is about that length and I always wear a running hat. Even when my hair was longer I wore one because it works to keep the sweat out of my eyes.
  • peripah
    peripah Posts: 120
    Options
    My hair is chin length (maybe a bit shorter). I usually put it in two tiny pigtails for working out.