Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

It's time.

So I'm starting down this path again.

I'm 27, 5'7", 244 lbs and 6 years ago I lost 40lbs. Slowly over the last 3 years or so it's made its way back on. So here we go, back at it. And this time, I want to start by losing 50lbs (in tiny, manageable 10lb "bites").

Why is this time different? This time I'm not just doing it for me and my health. This time it's for me, and my fiance, and our future. It's for our wedding, for my brothers wedding, for my 10 year high school reunion, for my family who has battled cancer, diabetes and heart disease. It's to lower my health-risks. It's to feel more confident in a white dress on my wedding day. It's so I can actually keep up with my in-laws who run 8 miles a day and have at more than 30 years on me. It's so I can comfortably wear shorts in the summer and buy expensive jeans in the "normal-sized people" stores. It's so I can take an adult ballet class and while I'll be terrible at it, at least I won't be fat AND terrible. It's so I can shop at boutiques.

It's so I look/feel/am better.

It's time. Life. Changing. Now.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Good for you!
  • Very positive way of thinking, definitely put things in perspective!!!
  • aparks1177
    aparks1177 Posts: 63
    You can do it!!!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    All of these are great reasons, but the number one reason should be for YOURSELF...Feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation if you would like. To me, the more friends and supporters you have on here, the better off you will be.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Good for you!! I'm ten years older than you and my reasons were similar (20 year reunion instead of 10 and husband instead of fiance) and my weight was the same. 30+ lbs later, I'm enjoying the results!
  • G_Smalls
    G_Smalls Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you!
  • lokero27
    lokero27 Posts: 8
    Yeah! You have to use what ever can possibly motivate you. I know I Just like myself better. I act different and am so much more casual...and things don't get to me as much. Even so, it is easy for the weight to creep back up. So, like you, I am at it again. This site has made it so easy. I downloaded it onto my iphone and The info is right there. Also, it is like a game...and my husband says I am very competitive!!!!