What do you guys make with chicken breast?

Options

Replies

• noraann1995
    noraann1995 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    First of all, let me start by saying that chicken breast is my least favorite food, but it's also the leanest and you can eat it as many times as you want throughout the week.
    4-6 oz chicken breast
    1 oz of grape tomatoes (cut in fourths)
    1 oz shredded carrots
    3 oz brussel sprouts (cut if fourths, this is also a great "filler" because they are dense)

It's really bland, but it became an acquired taste over time.

Add me as a friend, I have this stored as a lunch items.

I making chicken tacos at this moment. So ,I get about a five pound bag of breast throw it in the Crock-Pot,then season it with salt ,pepper ,cumin ,or taco seasoning ,add half a cup of onions,then throw in a jar of salsa verde. Cook it on high for six hours or until thoroughly cook. Once cooked ,I shredded it
    Then add low fat sour cream,tomatoes ,lettuce, and any other thing to your taco shell.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I don't usually make chicken breast specifically for lunch. I make it a "thousand" ways for dinner (I like to cook, and am exploring many recipes). We more often have chicken than red meat, just because, and also my at-home daughter isn't a red meat person. I kid her sometimes that I'm eating so much chicken I'm going to grow feathers.

Lunch chicken is usually leftovers, which type depends as the source recipe: as is, sandwich filler, salad topper, finger-lickin' and more, including soup. If that's not enough, there's always "toss it into the food processor" to yield chicken salad.

My chicken salads range from the conventional deli-style (much less often with mayo than yogurt as the binder) to veggie-rich, more exotic blends. I think there's no limit on the creativity possible going this route.
  • all4thinking
    all4thinking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy skinless chicken breasts, cook them in water (trying to avoid too much salt) or low salt broth and freeze yhem. Then I can defrost for chicken pesto salad or add them to celery, carrots, parsley and broth for chicken soup, or microwave them with vegetables for dinner. I'm also very fond of baking, and often make Rosemary chicken.
  • Letsplayoutside
    Letsplayoutside Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ah, sous vide! I used to detest chicken breast. Now I love it (the air-chilled organic kind for me). I don't have a souls vide apparatus, just apply the method with a large pot, a low burner, and a immersion thermometer clipped to the pot.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I grill them with different seasonings depending on what I am in the mood for.
    I prep and grill (or roast) different kinds of veggies. I make enough for several meals.
    I love farro as a side. So many ways to prepare it, and it is good hot or cold.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    cut it in cubes, sauteed in olive oil with mushroom, bell peppers, onions and zucchini
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    If you want to roast chicken breast, buy a whole breast with skin and bone, season and roast in the oven, eat with or without the skin according to preference. Roasting with the skin and bone improves the flavor and texture of the meat.

When I eat boneless/skinless breasts, I like to add a fat. One easy way is to roast or pan fry, adding a piece of cheese to melt on it near the end. A simple recipe is to season, pan fry, and add cheese and salsa near the end, putting a lid on the pan.

Be careful not to overcook. (That is the biggest problem with boneless/skinless.)
  • skinnyinachubbybody
    skinnyinachubbybody Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    yes
    Orphia wrote: »
    I've been eating 1 chicken breast, 1cup of brown rice and 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli. That around 550-ish calories so you could just reduce the portion sizes.

:o You don't have to punish yourself to lose weight!

You can eat pretty much whatever you want so long as it's within your calorie limit.

Best wishes.
    Orphia wrote: »
    I've been eating 1 chicken breast, 1cup of brown rice and 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli. That around 550-ish calories so you could just reduce the portion sizes.

:o You don't have to punish yourself to lose weight!

You can eat pretty much whatever you want so long as it's within your calorie limit.

Best wishes.

Absolutely right! As for me, I don't starve myself to achieve the weight that I wanted. Having a balance diet and proper exercise are the key to have a well maintained figure that everyone is craving for. Also, it must be coupled with discipline wherein there must always be limitations as well. What I love to make with chicken breasts is that I love to roast it, seasoned with salt and pepper.

Carnivorenextdoor could just be like me. It's simple, tastes pretty good, and doesn't involve complicated recipes. I don't get creative in the kitchen, but I still look forward to my baked chicken breast, steamed veg and sweet potato/brown rice/couscous side. Meal prep that way is really easy and you're eating to fuel your body.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breasts cook up nicely in the microwave. I find people don't like the asthetic as it comes out almost white but the meat is juicy as can be. The seasoning helps with the look.

Cook in a microwave safe casserole dish with a lid. Cook at power level 7 or 8. Cooking time depends on the size of the breast. The really large breasts I start on at least five minutes a side with two of them in the microwave. Turn over halfway through the time.

If you want to eat as is here are a few ideas. Season your meat before you start. Just add a simple seasoned salt, Lowery's for example. Or you can add a salsa. If you want to put a little cheese on the chicken, finish cooking it then put the cheese on top of the chicken, put the lid back on the dish and let it sit a minute. The cheese will melt over the chicken breast.

It is important to start with a fully thawed chicken breast.

The meat is so juicy that it's ready for inclusion in many main courses. Slice or dice and go.
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chicken cutlet I buy at butcher counter.
    Pound out so similar thickness
    Rolled up stuffed with:
    Ham and Swiss
    Pepperoni and 1/2 string cheese.
    Spinach and pepper jack.

Secure with toothpick
    Top with sauce of your choice.
    Or spray with cooking spray.

Cook 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
  • dangerousmezzo
    dangerousmezzo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am craving Souvlaki Chicken Breasts right now. Marinate chicken breasts in olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and some lemon juice. I bake them at 400F in a convection oven for 10 minutes, flip then, bake for 15 minutes more -- they are juicy and full of flavour! Argh! I want one!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love McCormick white chicken chili.
  • myspaescapes
    myspaescapes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Veet705 wrote: »
    Feista chicken chili

3 chicken breasts
    1 can black beans drained
    1 can corn drained
    1 can diced tomatoes
    1 jar of salsa

Throw in the crock pot for 3.5 hours high or 5 hours low.

Pull out the breasts and shred them with two forks and toss the meat back in, stir making sure all the shreded chicken is covered, cook uncovered on high for another 30 mins, serve with a dollop of low cal sour cream and a crumble of tortilla chips on top.

I normally get 6 serving out of this and its about 320 cal per serving depending on what salsa you use.

Sounds really good
  • JaymeHayes14
    JaymeHayes14 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    4 oz grilled skinless chicken breast (garlic powder, Tony's Cajun seasoning, parsley flakes, and worschestire sauce), 10 pieces asparagus, and 1 medium baked sweet potato (plain)!!!!
    So delicious !!!
  • Puppy_love_81
    Puppy_love_81 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make either bbq chicken or get some of that Perdue chicken at the store and put seasonings on it then cook it in the crockpot. :)
  • day2day2
    day2day2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make dairy free homemade chicken pot pit, with bottom crust and a few layers of phyllo dough. I simmer the chicken in Kitchen Basics chicken soup stock ( best out there in my opinion), take the chicken out cut it into small bite size chunks, take the broth and make a rue with a little bit of oil flour and cornstarch, salt, pepper, and incorporate the broth. when broth is thickened I put it in a bowl, and add the chicken, frozen carrots and peas, and frozen corn. Sometimes I put in bite size potatoes, one potato for split between two pies. My son is on a diet to gain weight and is allergic to dairy, so its a challenge to feed him and myself. The phyllo dough I add on top is about maybe 100 calories because of the way it is cut, not full sheets. I take spray oil and spray it on a brush and lightly coat it. The pies will last us about 3 days ( my son wolfs it down, lol).
  • day2day2
    day2day2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always throw my extra onion and peppers in chunks in the freezer, I decided one day to throw them in the food processor and it was amazing the type of paste it made. So I added that mixture with garlic, and processed carrots ( my son is not a fan of chunks), and sauteed it in the spray canola oil for about 5 mins, cut the chicken up in little tenders. and pan cooked it. I added sweet baby rays bbq sauce ( not too much) it was amazing. Not sure why, but the freezing of the peppers and onions makes it come out different. I serve it with either sweet potato or brown rice, and broccoli sauteed with garlic and light soy sauce.
  • 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I use chicken breast a lot. I stir fry it with a little bit of coconut oil, veggies, soy sauce, cayenne pepper and peanut butter. I also marinate it with italian seasonings, or with a strawberry balsamic vinaigrette and grill it. I also make it in a crock pot with rice, veggies, herbs, and chicken stock. I like seasoning it with herbs and grilling it in strips for Ceaser salads. Lots of great ways to use it.
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chicken filets. I get them from the butcher counter so I can get only 1 or 2.
    Salt and pepper
    Rolled up with a leaf or two of spinach or basil , turkey pepperoni, half a string cheese
    Secured with toothpicks
    Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Temp at 165 degrees and cheese is oozing.

Options:
    1. Egg wash chicken roll ups top with seasoned bread crumbs or Parmesan cheese
    2. Top with marinara sauce before cooking
    3. Sprink roll ups with paprika (makes them a nice color and adds flavor)

Really easy and fast. Depending on what up do to the roll up, pretty enough for guest.

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I cooked up onions, peppers, garlic, zucchini, salsa and mexican seasoning until tender, tossed in some pre-cooked chicken breast, and ate it as burritos. The nice thing about chicken breast is that it's versatile, you can cook it ahead of time and add it to things later on.