Lunches for Work

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahwebb81
    Options
    Buffalo chicken wrap- I saw this in an earlier post:

1 small can of chicken mixed with Franks medium wing sauce on a low cal/high fiber wrap. Add a little leaf spinach and possibly some light bleu cheese or ranch dressing. I made it for 250 calories. YOu can pair it with some fruit or veggies for a quick lunch. Very tasty.

I take lean cuisines or healthy choice lunches when i'm in a hurry, but I'm always on the lookout for other ideas. These message boards have given me a lot of good ideas. Thanks everybody!
  • princess_elle
    Options
    I LOVE whole wheat sandwhich thins. I have a brand that is only 100 calories. I add turkey, mustard, and pickles. Since mustard and pickles have no calories, I end up with a sandwhich that is 160 calories. I usually add a snack pack of sugar free pudding which is 60 calories. Easy and delicious meal!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Make beans and rice on the weekend and some hard boiled eggs. beans and rice = complete protein and also, they are delicious. well, i think so...
  • AliciaRenee84
    Options
    I made the crockpot salsa chicken on Saturday and have been eating it for lunch since. I put it on top of salad, add a half pkg 100cal wholly guacamole... yum!!! I think this could me a lunch staple for me. So so good. Then I bring some fresh fruit for the sweet factor.

I would LOVE to know the recipe for that salsa chicken ! That sounds delicious !
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I don't like sandwiches for lunch, and buying everyday is too expensive, and too hard to control the calories. Instead, I freeze leftover portions of dinner and grab one from the freezer on my way out the door. I know what I'm eating, how many calories are in it, and I can nuke it from frozen in about 4 minutes in the old communal microwave.

If you have a microwave in the office, this might work for you.

Ditto! This works very well for me too :)
  • mindysreadyforchange
    mindysreadyforchange Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I bought that Tyson precooked chicken in the feezer section at the store. You just pop it in the microwave for 2.30 minutes and then it is done! The taste of this chicken is wonderful. Then I also bring a salad or cucumbers/tomatoes.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Make beans and rice on the weekend and some hard boiled eggs. beans and rice = complete protein and also, they are delicious. well, i think so...

Yup, I do this too, and I use Whole Grain Corn Tortilla flats and mix it up with some veggies and some cheese and you have a melty soft taco!
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    great ideas!
  • MisScorpio
    MisScorpio Posts: 39
    Options
    I have tons of food at work. Everyone jokes that i could feed an army at work. I keep oatmeal, tuna, low cal bread, healthy snacks, etc in my desk and each week i bring my lunchbox with food for the week.Sandwiches, wraps, salad, tuna, avocado, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, egg, etc. This way i have options for breakfast, lunch & snacks. I also keep $1 Michelinda meals in the freezer. They are the same calories & weight of those expensive "low cal meals" for only $1. With all the food i dont feel like i am stuck with one thing to eat. Also it keeps me on my calorie goal bc i know what i am eating. I read something once that really got to me. I would eat left overs for lunch...it said "Why eat 2 dinners"" It might not mean anything to you but to me it really spoke to me. I dont need 2 heavier meals a day.
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I work nights and the only thing open is McDonald's or White Castle. So what I do is Bring a Special K protein shake and a Banana,or I buy Lean Crusine or Smart Ones and take one of those. That works for me along with my Liter bottle of water.
  • hannahmayr30
    hannahmayr30 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm taking 1/2 a turkey sandwich, an apple and an ounce of cheese, and some diced watermelon. I take something different every day though. Sometimes left-over dinner from the night before.
  • dgarblik
    dgarblik Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kristinathenina
    Options
    I have taken a gallon size ziploc bag filled with lettuce and a little shredded carrots, sometimes some cabbage. In a separate bag I put cucumbers (they get lettuce soggy otherwise), in a third I put diced chicken and a low fat cheese. Small container of dressing and a great salad is ready. I dump everything in the bag and give it a few shakes to make a little dressing go a long way, I normally dump in a bowl, but have occasionally forgotten it and ate directly out of the bag :):smile:
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I don't like sandwiches for lunch, and buying everyday is too expensive, and too hard to control the calories. Instead, I freeze leftover portions of dinner and grab one from the freezer on my way out the door. I know what I'm eating, how many calories are in it, and I can nuke it from frozen in about 4 minutes in the old communal microwave.

If you have a microwave in the office, this might work for you.

I do the exact same thing...
  • PamelaRose88
    Options
    On a day off I precook food (usually chicken or lean ground beef) and leave it plain so that during the week i can put it into whatever form I want for a lunch! Like a quick taco salad or wrap or even just with rice and corn! YUM