Pizza or be good?

Options
abs1970
abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
What a dilemma!!! Burned 350 calories today and there's a huge pizza in the house..... do I eat it - or stick with the healthy option? :#

Replies

• abs1970
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I typically take a high level view of my diet...I eat well most of the time...I have pizza most Friday evenings...as it relates to my diet as a whole, it's pretty irrelevant.

Sounds like a vote for pizza to me ;)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Like @cwolfman13 I have pizza pretty much every Friday. I just make sure it fits into my calorie and macro goals.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm being good today and planning to have pizza. What's so scary about that?
  • billyhopper20
    billyhopper20 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. One day won't make you gain. It will slow the fat cell burn a bit for that day but won't cause an increase.
  • abs1970
    Options
    Pizza can be a nutritionally diverse and quality piece of food. It just has a lot of calories. ;D

Plain old dominos, so not sure about 'quality'!
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza for dinner. It is within my calories, and unlike my olden days, instead of eating the whole thing, I will only have a couple of slices.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Be good and have some pizza. If you add your 350 calories to the calories you were planning for your meal it's likely you will still be good even with the pizza (depending on your calorie allowance for that meal).
  • abs1970
    Options
    Enjoy it. One day won't make you gain. It will slow the fat cell burn a bit for that day but won't cause an increase.

Thanks - I will :)
  • A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I vote for pizza!
  • abs1970
    Options
    Be good and have some pizza. If you add your 350 calories to the calories you were planning for your meal it's likely you will still be good even with the pizza (depending on your calorie allowance for that meal).

I think I will! Still have around 800 calories left so I'm sure I can fit it in :D
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would definitely eat it, fuel those muscles
  • abs1970
    Options
    Aarjono wrote: »
    I'm having pizza for dinner. It is within my calories, and unlike my olden days, instead of eating the whole thing, I will only have a couple of slices.

I'll probably only have one slice - enjoy yours :)
  • abs1970
    Options
    The way I look at it is we have these goals for a better quality of life, and if you deprive yourself of treats ALL the time then you aren't living, so i vote for pizza :smile:

Pizza's winning :p
  • abs1970
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »

Best advice, as always :)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Pizza gets a bad rap. There is nothing inherently unhealthy about pizza, and it won't keep you from losing or maintaining your weight unless it puts you over your calorie goal. I eat 2 slices of pizza once or twice a week.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »

If I know anything, it is how to eat. Believe me ;)
  • abs1970
    Options
    abs1970 wrote: »

If I know anything, it is how to eat. Believe me ;)

:D