Does anyone else feel this way about fitbits?

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I liked mine for about a week. Good thing I got it free from air miles. Mine is the garmin one. It has the move meter that vibrates if you haven't moved for a certain amount of time. The thing is, I work in a kitchen, so I am never not moving, I am not always moving my arms that whole time, because I usually carrying something. For some reason, it counts my steps AND tells me I'm being a lazy *kitten*. Haha. Plus, it doesn't seem like the calories burned are accurate. Starts everyday with 400+ already burnt, while I wasn't even wearing it. Also it started sticking to my wrist. Which feels gross.
    But at least I know how many steps I take in a day now. Which is all I really wanted it for anyway.

That would be what you burned from BMR

I love mine. I'm lazy on my days off work (when I usually get 12-15,000 steps) so it helps me make sure I'm active enough for the amount of calories I'm consuming. As for non-step based exercises (elliptical or lifting), I just log them in Fitbit. That part has never been an issue for me.
  • haydiz70
    haydiz70 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Blaze and the Samsung GearFit2. I like both but I prefer the GearFit. I like to hike quite a bit and it's helpful seeing how many miles I've gone, elevation, etc and then seeing it all on a map afterwards. I also like keeping an eye on my heart rate when jogging or biking since I need to stay below a certain number due to health issues. Luckily, I've found the GearFit2's HR monitor to be accurate, not 100% but still very reliable. The Blaze is less accurate for me. Anyway, I've never been obsessive about reaching 10000 steps. I can see how activity trackers could be annoying if you feel like you have to take that many steps a day or feel like a fitness failure. Haha. Anyway, I love gadgets, so they're fun for me.
  • WorshipHK
    WorshipHK Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Calories are still important to keep track of for maintaining or losing weight, but I ditched mine a while ago because I also thought it was super annoying.
  • jujubeans1974
    jujubeans1974 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit One & Blaze ..My Blaze isn't accurate, so I just use it as a watch .. but my Fitbit one is very accurate, it underestimates about 6% .. so I feel comfortable eating back my activity calories .. but my only activity is walking, beside that , I'm very sedentary.. at the moment
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to have the jawbone tracker (same sort of thing) and loved it for tracking my sleep as that has always been a bit of an issue for me and it was a fun way for me to challenge myself every day to get more steps in (take the stairs and not the lift etc.) BUT I would never use it in the gym to track exercise/workouts. I use a HRM for that. After my jawbone broke I didn't feel the need to get a new one.
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Fitbit Blaze=worthless to me. Won mine in a contest. Gave it a try for a while. Inaccurate at best. Gave it to my daughter. I know many swear by these gadgets and if it works for them, so be it. Who am I to say differently. For me, an utter waste of time. At the end of the day, I'm going to do what exercise I have in mind and in my plan to do. I don't give a damn about what a tracker does or does not show me or wants me to do.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I got one for free and tried to wear it and just couldn't get into it. I don't care how many steps I take. I don't think that's a way to tell if you're being active or not.

I lift every day, i'm in 2 sand volleyball leagues and I do HIIT cardio every day for 15-20 minutes. It probably would say i'm not getting enough steps... i don't think doing a bunch of loops around my neighborhood will accomplish anything.