Whole 30, starting May1st

Options
caf973
caf973 Posts: 30 Member
I'm starting Whole 30 on May 1st. Trying to rid my body of the sugar cravings and reset my body. After Whole 30, going to stay close to the guidelines but reintroduce certain foods.

I'm currently the heaviest I've been (aside from pregnancy weight!), and I'm 43, so ready to not feel uncomfortable during Summer due to my being overweight.

Does anyone fancy joining me?

Replies

• prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I am going to do whole 30 also
  • withgoditspossible7
    Options
    I'm interested in doing the whole 30 as well. I really want to get the book when I can afford it.
  • kitchen_sorceress
    kitchen_sorceress Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was looking for a whole30 challenge group and missed this so I posted a thread. I had no takers and was bummed; until I found you guys! I've tried Whole30 before and have never succeeded- I always cave on the "no approved food treats" like coconut flour pancakes! count me in!
  • fi8hter05
    fi8hter05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What is whole 30
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Have fun, if you like it, great, but there's no such thing as "resetting" your body.
  • leonjo6179
    leonjo6179 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just saw this today and would like to find out more. If I can find the book I would love to try this program. I need to find something to help my sweet tooth.
  • kitchen_sorceress
    Options
    If you google Whole30- you will find details about the program. They have a book too but the book isn't needed unless you want it.

One can reset how they eat and that will often change the body. Their are plenty of examples of people who ate crap and felt like crap and then changed their diet and literally changed their health.

Terry Wahls MD is a perfect example of someone who "reset" her body through healing. Others have found similar results using a GAPS protocol diet- for their health. People with certain autoimmune diseases have "reset" their body with a Paleo AutoImmune Protocol so it is possible just not typical if eating a Standard American Diet.

The intent of Whole30 is to change the way you eat for 30 days. The focus is on while foods that are nutrient dense. You avoid processed foods and all sugar. You avoid dairy, grains and legumes as these are categories of food that tend to affect insulin levels, hunger hormones, cravings and gut health.

The Whole30 website gives an outline of foods to eat, foods to avoid and you can even get a shopping list to help you.

I found the book to be helpful only at helping me to understand how certain foods affect the body but the rest of what I learned was through the website materials.
  • Emmey56
    Emmey56 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in doing the whole 30 as well. I really want to get the book when I can afford it.

I couldn't afford to buy the book either, so I got it from the library! They also had the cookbook which was helpful. I did the whole 30 for only 2 weeks, I felt better but I work with wine and when you can't even taste (that's right it says you need to start over if you even have a sip) it just didn't work for me.

• caf973
    Options
    Is everyone ready to start May 1st? X
  • caf973
    Options
    Wow! I was looking for a whole30 challenge group and missed this so I posted a thread. I had no takers and was bummed; until I found you guys! I've tried Whole30 before and have never succeeded- I always cave on the "no approved food treats" like coconut flour pancakes! count me in!

I totally get that! I've done 2 rounds a few years ago now, loved doing it and had great non scale and scale victories. Just need to tame the sugar dragon! Been meal prepping this weekend x
  • kitchen_sorceress
    Options
    Me too! I'm ready and psyched! I just started a batch of fermented Daikon Radishes so that I have something yummy to look forward to this week!
  • amboss01
    amboss01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join and am putting my family on gluten free so I am going to do as close to whole 30 as possible. I have been a yo yo dieter most of my life!
  • caf973
    Options
    What things do you hope to achieve from this? Any worries/concerns?
    When I did my first round, it was tough Day 10, but pushed through and felt great after 30 days.
  • kitchen_sorceress
    Options
    I'm hoping to see if I notice any changes by eliminating dairy. I've been following a mostly Paleo/Primal template and eating local and in season, high quality foods and still struggle with weight. So it's time to see if eating dairy and sometimes legumes, are working against me.

I'm not really concerned as I feel more hormonally balanced than I was in the past when I tried, but I always got extreme irritability. It was so bad I'd be in my boss' office saying- heads up, I'm on Whole30 excuse my desire to kill all the people and to swear worse than a truck driver!
  • angavai
    angavai Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Please addd me too
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I've been following this since the beginning of the year. The re-introduction seemed too fast for us to discern potential problems with the different foods and we are just now re-introducing foods again after our second Whole30 month. It is a lot more easy than is thought.
  • javame
    javame Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Have been pondering this too.... Need to shop & prep. This would be my third if I can get it going!
  • katielauren95
    katielauren95 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can I join! I started this morning. Full glass of cold water
  • caf973
    Options
    Can I join! I started this morning. Full glass of cold water

Welcome! Here we go...!
  • caf973
    Options
    javame wrote: »
    Have been pondering this too.... Need to shop & prep. This would be my third if I can get it going!

My third too! Let's go again :)