It's not easy

Options
I'm 6'5 weighing 195 trying to get to 220 by end of the summer. I swear it's easier to lose 25 than gain. Anybody got tips for meals?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Not specific meals but make sure you are using full fat, adding oil and butter when you cook, season your food so it tastes great and you ENJOY EATING it. No need for plain old chicken breast and brown rice.

Choose calorie dense foods!
  • kennymoney300
    kennymoney300 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's harder to gain because you probably have a fast metabolism.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 6'5 weighing 195 trying to get to 220 by end of the summer. I swear it's easier to lose 25 than gain. Anybody got tips for meals?

You may want to re-think your goals. Assuming that you're natural (not taking steroids), gaining 25 pounds that quickly will result in most of your "gains" being fat rather than muscle.

[ETA:] I just provided this link in another thread, so what the heck - it applies here too: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html/
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    As @AnvilHead correctly stated: to gain that much scale weight will require a lot of fat gain. Take it slow: a small calorie surplus now will save you months of regret and cutting to get lean again.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's harder to gain because you probably have a fast metabolism.

Not really