Any coffee creamer recommendations?

Options
I say I love coffee, but what I really mean is that I love coffee creamer. I haven't been drinking any, but would love to find a low calorie creamer. My favorite is Coffeemate hazelnut which has a ton of calories. Anybody found a good substitute?

Replies

• NicoleVT83
    NicoleVT83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Dealing with same issue. Try no dairy Creamer. Less calories
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Creamer isn't a thing here (most people use milk) but Moccona do a hazlenut flavoured instant coffee which is yum
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I struggle... i buy fat free creamer it has fewer calories.. two tablespoons for 20 calories.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I can't always find it, but Land of Lakes has a Light half and half that's only 25 calories for two tablespoons. You could use it with hazelnut flavored coffee and that might do the trick and save you about 45 calories per coffee. (I do use an artificial sweetener, too, though, so maybe that's why I don't need the sweetness in my creamer.)
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I used to have to wake struggle.

I either drink Silk's Almond milk creamer. Its 15 calories per tablespoon, has hazelnut or caramel falvaoring, and tastes delicious

Second option, buying hazelnut flavored coffee. Drink it plain or with a sweetener, but if you drink it out a travel mug, it's easy to trick yourself that it has creamer.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk - I also like to add sugar free torani syrups for extra flavor
  • TejahBee
    TejahBee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We use the sugar free versions of International Delight and Coffemate. Both are liquid and in the refrigerated milk section. Sometimes I throw a teaspoon of powdered milk direct into hot coffee and stir it too!
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I use the flavored Califia Farms almond milk creamers (Whole Foods carries them). 15 calories per tablespoon.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I gave up my creamer so I could have those calories on something I enjoyed more. Maybe try reducing the amount you use in order to stay within your calories.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    The sugar free version. It is delicious.

44hr2wg8f2hd.jpg
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've been a coffee drinker for a long time, but my years as a full time business traveler made me a plain black coffee devotee. At this point I can drink just about any three-day-old sludge completely black. Good quality coffee doesn't need anything added to it to taste good. You could up the quality of the coffee and lessen the amount of stuff you add to it (and even phase it out entirely) to save on the calories.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    I can't always find it, but Land of Lakes has a Light half and half that's only 25 calories for two tablespoons. You could use it with hazelnut flavored coffee and that might do the trick and save you about 45 calories per coffee. (I do use an artificial sweetener, too, though, so maybe that's why I don't need the sweetness in my creamer.)

I've never seen this, but best believe I'm going to be on the lookout now!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Get a flavored coffee (hazelnut, chocolate, whatever you want) and then just add a light half & half or unsweetened almond milk to it. That way you'll still get the flavor but not all the calories. You can also add monk fruit drops for a little sweetness without all the cals.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I second the "investing in better coffee" train. My husband has gotten me to use his French press and we get whole bean coffee- it is amazing the flavor that comes through when you do that straight from the coffee. You really reduce the amount of extra you need when you can get to that flavor. It does take a little longer in the morning but not by much.

I will admit that we got a new flavor of coffee recently and I discovered I really disliked it (some brand of Italian Roast) so I have been drinking Starbucks while he has been finishing that off >.>
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I use 1 1/2 teaspoons of FF whipping cream or nothing.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have flavored coffee and use Silk Almond milk flavored creamer on weekends. During the week, I have the coffee at work and just use Mini moo's half n half tubs (10 calories each) and a little bit of sugar.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Also make sure that you're using enough coffee for the amount of water that you're putting through it. Many people think that adding too much ground coffee will make the coffee taste too strong/bitter, but the reality is that a lot of the time the reason the coffee tastes bitter and nasty is that it is over-extracted. Two tablespoons of grounds per six ounces of water.