Down 9 lbs this week!

Options
Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
I had success years ago on MFP, but then stopped logging for a few years, my lifestyle changed (became more sedentary, stopped working out) and ballooned up to 199 lbs (technically obese on my 5'4 frame). However this week I got back into tracking cals and changed up my diet completely (cut carbs out except for carbs from veggies and a little fruit, have been eating more fat and protein). I've dropped 9 lbs in just 1 week!!! I know that it's mostly water weight, and that that kind of weight loss is going to slow down... But I can't help but be so excited. I had expected maybe 1-2 lbs of weight loss this week but was in shock when I got on the scale this morning and was down 9 lbs! And it's even more surprising because I've been so satiated and full from my higher fat meals. :) Just wanted to share my excitement. Now I am so motivated to keep going down this path again!

Replies

• bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I changed my eating habits in the last couple of weeks. The first week I was dropping a pound or so a day. Hoping to see a pound or so a week continue. However, I will be happy with feeling good and healthy. The loss is a bonus :)
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I changed my eating habits in the last couple of weeks. The first week I was dropping a pound or so a day. Hoping to see a pound or so a week continue. However, I will be happy with feeling good and healthy. The loss is a bonus :)

I agree! I feel so great, that the loss is a bonus! I was having stomach/digestion issues that have completely disappeared so I feel like my body is better absorbing nutrients now. <3
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss and excitement. I too notice a difference when I reduce the amount of carbs, especially from the processed crap. And fat definitely keeps me feeling fuller and more energetic longer. Keep up the great start.
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Congrats on your loss and excitement. I too notice a difference when I reduce the amount of carbs, especially from the processed crap. And fat definitely keeps me feeling fuller and more energetic longer. Keep up the great start.

Thanks so much! <3
  • SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow excellent! I too want to try and reduce the carbs and up the protein and fat. What foods do u suggest for the fat? Protein I'm getting the hang of but need more suggestions on fat!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Wow excellent! I too want to try and reduce the carbs and up the protein and fat. What foods do u suggest for the fat? Protein I'm getting the hang of but need more suggestions on fat!

I've been eating the following for protein and fat without many carbs:

avocado
    bacon
    grilled chicken
    burgers with cheese and mayo (no bun, no fries)
    cooking with coconut oil or ghee (clarified butter)
    full fat sour cream
    full fat half & half in coffee or heavy whipping cream
    pepperoni
    Udo's oil
    MCT oil
  • divaphyl5
    divaphyl5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try some of the recipes on mfp
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!