How much does it cost a week to bulk ?

Options
2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How you going to tell me I don't have a fast metabolism when you don't even know me lol..? Anyways I live in USA Louisiana. We have Walmart, Lishmans city market. The Costco isn't in my city but it's 20-30 minutes away so yeh I can use that too. All I'm asking is how much did it cost for you guys to bulk whether you were eating 3500, 4000, 4500, or 5000... Doesn't matter.
    psuLemon wrote: »
    It's impossible to really answer this because we don't know where you are located and the cost of foods is vastly different.

And no, you don't have a fast metabolism. You are active.

Statistically speaking, you aren't going to have a fast metabolism. And if you are gaining 1-2 lbs at the 4-5K range, it would even further reinforce it. I don't need to know you, I can tell by the numbers. And considering, you probably haven't done metabolic testing, I would doubt that you have a solid grasp on what your metabolic rate is.

Muscle growth rate for males is typically maxed out around .5lbs/week. Once you start gaining more than 1 lb per week, your are favoring fat growth as compared to muscle growth (pending you aren't using enhancers).

The nice thing is, you have places like Walmart and Costco, which should decrease cost a bit. You can bulk buy chicken for $1.99/lb, bulk buy ground beef (80/20) for less than $3/lb (at Sam's Club, if you ask for a 10 lb log, you can get 80/20 for $2.68/lb). Tuna fish is fairly cheap (I get 4 packs for $3.79), eggs for $3 for a 36 count and larges amounts of peanut butter (last three as Wegmans). I also buy in bulk protein powders (5lb tubes or more) and oats. While initial investment is high, it's overall cost is low.

I have found that i spend $100 a week regardless of what I am doing because I more modify the foods I am eating. While cutting, I tend to favor darker fish and chicken, and more red meat towards maintenance and above.

And the season's drive what I buy. More fruit in the spring through fall.
  • kennymoney300
    kennymoney300 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Very interesting thanks !
    How you going to tell me I don't have a fast metabolism when you don't even know me lol..? Anyways I live in USA Louisiana. We have Walmart, Lishmans city market. The Costco isn't in my city but it's 20-30 minutes away so yeh I can use that too. All I'm asking is how much did it cost for you guys to bulk whether you were eating 3500, 4000, 4500, or 5000... Doesn't matter.
    It's impossible to really answer this because we don't know where you are located and the cost of foods is vastly different.

And no, you don't have a fast metabolism. You are active.

Statistically speaking, you aren't going to have a fast metabolism. And if you are gaining 1-2 lbs at the 4-5K range, it would even further reinforce it. I don't need to know you, I can tell by the numbers. And considering, you probably haven't done metabolic testing, I would doubt that you have a solid grasp on what your metabolic rate is.

Muscle growth rate for males is typically maxed out around .5lbs/week. Once you start gaining more than 1 lb per week, your are favoring fat growth as compared to muscle growth (pending you aren't using enhancers).

The nice thing is, you have places like Walmart and Costco, which should decrease cost a bit. You can bulk buy chicken for $1.99/lb, bulk buy ground beef (80/20) for less than $3/lb (at Sam's Club, if you ask for a 10 lb log, you can get 80/20 for $2.68/lb). Tuna fish is fairly cheap (I get 4 packs for $3.79), eggs for $3 for a 36 count and larges amounts of peanut butter (last three as Wegmans). I also buy in bulk protein powders (5lb tubes or more) and oats. While initial investment is high, it's overall cost is low.

I have found that i spend $100 a week regardless of what I am doing because I more modify the foods I am eating. While cutting, I tend to favor darker fish and chicken, and more red meat towards maintenance and above.

And the season's drive what I buy. More fruit in the spring through fall.