Feeling discouraged

Options
2»

Replies

• lingally
    lingally Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @CSARdiver so I put in goals to lose 1lb a week. Sedentary lifestyle. And it gave me 1350 cals
    My watch activity app I have set to try and burn 500 cals a day. Easier on gym days than the weekend though. Only done 127 cals today. Mowing lawn. But it hasn't added anything to calories on mfp.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    lingally wrote: »
    @CSARdiver so I put in goals to lose 1lb a week. Sedentary lifestyle. And it gave me 1350 cals
    My watch activity app I have set to try and burn 500 cals a day. Easier on gym days than the weekend though. Only done 127 cals today. Mowing lawn. But it hasn't added anything to calories on mfp.

Don't eat back NEAT calories, that's a sure fire way to stall.
  • ljdengler
    ljdengler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone :) I was feeling discouraged after losing nothing the past 2 weeks until I read this post. Thanks everyone for they hypothyroid support!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    lingally wrote: »

With 1350 and the margin of error I'm going to point you back to the advice @rainbowbow provided. Logging as accurately as possible, try hitting 1200 calories and see how that works.

With thyroid and nearly all hormonal issues, false hunger signals abound. This was key to my success and one of the things I incorporated is to drink water 30 mins prior to every meal. Hydration is also a key element as hormonal shifts will cause weight gain (just water weight) through increased cellular absorption. This is only temporary and should go away in 5-7 days.