15 POUNDS BY THE START OF LABOR DAY WEEKEND

Options

Replies

• SUNNY613
    SUNNY613 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I also drank way more then 8 cups of water and I havnt had dinner yet but I know what I'm having so I'm for sure under my cal goal ...

Challenge for Saturday
    Drink 10 cups of water(water is very important so it might be a part of a lot of the challenges)
    Do 20 push ups( on knees is ok) and if it's hot where u are do it later in the day if that help
    Enjoy your Saturday night with family and friends but remember not to eat to crazy if you go out

If anyone want to do challenges of there own you can send me a message
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Whew... I made the challenges... I missed that they were there! I drank more than 8 glasses, it is hot here also & I was running around in the sun for a better part of the day. The water is usually pretty easy for me. 10 tomorrow should be no problem:-) I am also under my calorie goal, I usually am so again not hard. Now tell me to meet the calorie goal & then I will have a problem.... LOL!

Ok, so 20 pushups for tomorrow & the water... got it!

We got this everyone!!
  • saigal
    saigal Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ahh i was slightly higher than my calorie goal, but i drank the water:( tomorrow will be better!
  • jenher
    jenher Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Did the 20 push-up challenge and drank plenty of water. Volunteered at an air show today in this horrible heat so I'm sure I'll drink 10 more cups by bed time.
  • upinthecosmos
    Options
    Got my water in already today and just forced myself to do those pushups... which made me drink more water! Done & done:-)
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Got my 20 push ups in, along with my water. I was also under my calorie goal. Tomorrow is the Jazz and Rib fest so I hope I can stay on track.
  • jessen5
    jessen5 Posts: 8
    Options
    I completed the 20 push ups and drank the water. Thanks for the challenges they are encouraging!!
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!!

SO MY SELF I HAD TO GO TO THE GYM TODAY TO MAKE SURE I STAYED UNDER MY CAL GOAL (I HAD A REALLY BAD LUNCH) AND I DRANK PLENTY OF WATER

KITTYBELLS- HAVE FUN AT THE JAZZ AND RIB FEST BUT JUST REMEMBER NOT TO GO TO CRAZY...YOU CAN ALWAYS HAVE A CHEAT DAY(LIKE I DID TODAY) BUT YOU HAVE TO WORK EXTRA HARD TO GET THAT OUT SO MY SUGGESTION IS JUST KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO EAT BEFORE YOU GET THERE IF YOU CAN THAT HELPS ME SOMETIMES...GOOD LUCK...

OK FOR SUNDAYS CHALLENGE:
    ITS GETTING HOTTER EVERYWHERE SO DRINK UP MIN 12 CUPS OF WATER
    10 PUSH UPS, 10 SIT UPS, 10 JUMPING JACKS
    TRY TO GO OVER AND PLAN WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO EAT DURING THE WEEK...PLANNING AHEAD HELPS YOU NOT EAT THOSE LAST MINUTE DRIVE THRU MEALS

OH AND SORRY FOR POSTING SO LATE I KNOW A LOT OF YOU ARE ON THE EAST COAST
  • jenher
    Options
    Finished the challenge for Sunday to include drinking the water...and it's only 0900 on the East Coast. I'm training for a half marathon so I had to run 6 miles today in this humidity. I used the push-ups, sit-ups and jumping jacks as my warm up. This group is a great way to stay motivated because I feel like everyone is keeping me accountable. Keep up the great work everyone.
  • upinthecosmos
    Options
    I'm done with the exercises but still working on the water. I've got that plus by the end of the day though, I usually get in 14-16:-)
  • kittybells
    kittybells Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well, I survived the Rib fest! Thanks for the encouragement. It was hard because there is absolutely NOTHING healthy to eat at those things. I would pass up a whole section of rib venders, feel good about it, then walk right into funnel cakes, chili cheese fries and frozen snickers! But, I drank lots of water and, in part due to the heat, managed to come out below my calories for the day. Sunday challenge is done, friends. Bring on a new week.....
  • sgirl99
    sgirl99 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I would love to join. My CW is 136. I want to get down to between 125 and 120. Im 5.3. I hope theres still room
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    ok first off there is a request from sgirl to join the group...cant say no so welcome...but please thats it because it gets harder to keep track ok

ok so today i finished my water and push ups sit ups and jumping jacks and ive planed out what im going to eat for the next few days...

OK SO WE MADE IT THRU THE WEEKEND(EVEN KITTYBELLS WHO WENT TO A RIB FEST)

MONDAYS CHALLENGE:

DRINK 13 CUPS OF WATER
    EXERCISE ATLEAST 30 MIN
    SHARE A RECIPE THAT YOU ENJOY(RELATES TO TUESDAY CHALLENGE)

I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU TUESDAY CHALLENGE AS WELL SO YOU HAVE TIME TO PREPAIR IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT

DRINK 13 CUPS OF WATER
    GET ATLEAST 8 HOURS OF SLEEP(VERY IMPORTANT WHEN YOUR TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT)
    EAT DINNER AT HOME MAKE SOMETHING THAT YOU ENJOY (OR FROM A RECIPE THAT SOMEONE GAVE FROM MONDAYS CHALLENGE)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND TRY TO HAVE A GOOD MONDAY(IM GOING TO TRY CUZ I HATE MONDAYS HAHA)
  • mojo501976
    mojo501976 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thing are not looking so great after week 1!

SW: 120
    CW: 120
    MINI GOAL1:118
    MINI GOAL 2: 117.5
    MINI GOAL 3: 117
    GW: 105
  • jessen5
    jessen5 Posts: 8
    Options
    I completed my push ups and sit ups and did a few extra. I did the jumping jacks but I have to be careful with those because I have a knee injury which is part of the reason I put on extra weight. I am still working to drink the water goal. I struggle with water because I dont care for it very much.
  • Princ3ssjasmin
    Princ3ssjasmin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can I still join despite being 2 days late? :D
  • RoseBudd85
    RoseBudd85 Posts: 49
    Options
    I can't do a lot of back intense stuff...but I definitely got the water in today! Also did 30 minutes walking and 20 minutes of Zumba. Looking forward to tomorrow's challenge! :D
  • SUNNY613
    Options
    I completed my push ups and sit ups and did a few extra. I did the jumping jacks but I have to be careful with those because I have a knee injury which is part of the reason I put on extra weight. I am still working to drink the water goal. I struggle with water because I dont care for it very much.

well you might not like me very much after a few more challenges haha...yea I know what u mean I hurt my knee like 2 years ago
  • jenher
    Options
    Very easy summer recipe...enjoy!

Sausage-and-Pepper SkewersIngredients
    • 1 cup couscous
    • 2 bell peppers (red and yellow), cut into chunks
    • 1 (12-ounce) package chicken sausage (preferably garlic-flavored), cut into 1-inch pieces
    • 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
    • 1 cup cherry tomatoes
    • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    • 1/4 cup fresh parsley
    • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
    • 4 scallions, roughly chopped
    • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
    Directions
    Soak eight 8-inch skewers in water, at least 15 minutes. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Prepare the couscous as the label directs.
    Meanwhile, toss the bell peppers, sausage, onion and tomatoes in a bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Thread onto the skewers, alternating the sausage and vegetables. Grill, turning, until the vegetables are slightly softened and the sausage begins to brown, 6 to 7 minutes.
    Meanwhile, puree the parsley, cilantro and scallions in a blender with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the skewers with some of the pesto and continue to cook, turning, until the tomatoes are tender and the sausage is charred, 6 to 7 more minutes.
    Toss the couscous with half of the remaining pesto and season with salt and pepper. Serve with the skewers and the remaining pesto, for dipping.
    Per serving: Calories 396; Fat 13 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 56 mg; Sodium 356 mg; Carbohydrate 45 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 24 g
  • bostonbound85
    bostonbound85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I didn't have that much internet over the weekend so I didn't see the challenge. But I will do the 20 push ups today! I always drink a ton of water. But I stayed under my calorie goal all weekend.