Looking for KETO buddies

Options
Tomorrow I'll be starting Keto..... trying the 100 day challenge. So if anyone has recipes they love and are their "go to's"
I'm open to suggestions!

Replies

• simsimma1210
    simsimma1210 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi- I've been doing keto for a few months now but want to start a more strict version starting today. I'll share some info! Add me!
  • amandamomof5
    amandamomof5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi looking for Keto friends. I'm on day 4.
  • Lugaroo
    Lugaroo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't started keto yet, but my husband and I have been on Nutrisystem since October. I'm getting bored of the food and I really miss cooking! We are finishing out the month of our Nutrisystem food and then it's off to keto land! We are vegetarian so it should be interesting :)
  • happystars1982
    happystars1982 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keto lover ✋
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ladsimm
    ladsimm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone done vegetarian keto?
  • kiana_k_king
    kiana_k_king Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm back to MFP and started keto two days ago. Just started feeling the sugar withdrawls and trying to just power through it. Would love some buddies too! Add me if you like :smile:
  • DeannaBrown1
    DeannaBrown1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am going to start the keto diet soon. Right now I am cutting out sugar, and limiting carbs for a couple of weeks, before I go full keto. Any suggestions on the best book to read regarding keto? I want to keep it as simple as possible. Thanks!
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have been Keto for about 4months now and have never been happier. I am currently 87lbs lost on my journey (about 25 of that lost doing just CICO before transitioning to strict keto). I have an open diary for friends. Feel free to add me!

As for places to start, I'd suggest dietdoctor.com and ruled.me these websites provide solid information.
  • DaisyMayhem
    DaisyMayhem Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for friends! I've been doing keto for a little over a month. I didn't put my first weight into MyFitnessPal bc I was embarrassed, but I've lost 17lbs since starting! I hit a bit of a plateau and started tracking here. Would love to learn y'alls favorite recipes! I eat a lot of salad and eggs and avocados. Lots of fish here in NOLA too!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Just started back as well - day three and feeling good so far. No hunger, no lack of energy. Good luck on your journey!
  • bklynjunbug
    bklynjunbug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    @ladsimm I'm doing keto vegetarian! Mostly, but I occasionally eat salmon and tuna. I've been a pescatarian for more than 20yrs but was definitely addicted to carbs. I've only been eating a keto diet for a week and I'm already down 6 pounds, which is crazy for me. I'm short and have about 30 more pounds to lose. I feel somewhat concerned about relying on too much dairy for quick sources of protein. I also eat tempeh and tofu and found an awesome technique to make the texture of tofu a lot more palatable - I think I saw it on a blog called minimalist baker. She not veg but I also love the blog ibreatheimhungry.com - try the cream cheese and egg pancakes :)
  • cryboudreaux
    cryboudreaux Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been in the keto woe for about 5 weeks now. I'm down 22 pounds and feel awesome! Feel free to add!
  • Lugaroo
    Lugaroo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ladsimm wrote: »
    Anyone done vegetarian keto?

I am currently in the first week of vegetarian keto! So far so good :)
  • KIMBOBB
    KIMBOBB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Low carb for me. I just began today. I did this last year and lost nearly 30 lbs in 2 1/2 mos. But due to certain circumstances I began to slowly fall back to old ways. I hopefully will do well on this again and stick to it because I am miserable. Good luck to all you beginning this!