Allmooost a vegetarian but need to be low carb?? What can I eat?

Options
Firstly I am a HUGE SNACKER. Mostly because popcorn/yogurt ect I like and are easy.
Secondly what can I eat?? Im practically a vegetarian
I only eat chicken but I rarely even eat chicken because I can only eat it grilled and not mixed in a stirfry or anything.
So I start looking for healthy dinners lunches ect.

A salad roll and a fruit salad total 600 calories
A lite n easy pasta dish 500 calories
Home made vegetarian TINY pizza on a paper thin pita bread -- 550.calories.
The list goes on
Im just at a bloody loss

And im constantly saying *todsy is the last day i binge eat*
Then I do it again

Replies

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Do you like eggs at all? You can make pretty healthy omelettes in the morning. Throw in some spinach, mushrooms, etc. They're pretty good! I love to dip some toast into sunny side up eggs as well.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Why is it that you need to be low carbohydrate? Medical reasons?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Why is it that you need to be low carbohydrate? Medical reasons?

This^

If you like carbs & have no medical necessity to moderate them.....then learn to MANAGE portions because weight loss is all about calories anyway. Elimination diets make me want to binge too.

That said - instead of pasta look into veggie noodles (ie: zoodles). Instead of rice look into riced cauliflower. There are recipes using cauliflower in pizza crust. Unless it' medical, learn to cut some things....not everything.

Low carb vegetarian is a tall order.......
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Tofu - tempeh - soy beans (Edamame in their pods with a sprinkle of sea salt make a great snack)

Chia seeds - nuts/seeds and avocado (watch portion size for calorie sake)

How about fish? And eggs and cheese (again watch portion size). Dry cottage cheese (lower in sodium) is great for protein. Greek yogurt might help feel you up better than 'just' yogurt. A bit of fat in too will help in making you fill 'full'.

Vegan protein powders (Sun Warrior brand is good)

Good luck
  • jessicaflanders3
    jessicaflanders3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks everyone. I heard wirh my pcos i.need to be low carb and low sugar .
    I seriously am going wayyyyyy over my 1200 calories. But i find salads.soooooo mundane and they dont fill me up.
    And then i just binge and binge and binge. Then i gain weight feel worse and binge again. I dont know why i cant get on top of this.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I seriously am going wayyyyyy over my 1200 calories. But i find salads.soooooo mundane and they dont fill me up.
    And then i just binge and binge and binge. Then i gain weight feel worse and binge again. I dont know why i cant get on top of this.

Maybe google diabetic vegetarian meals to see what comes up? If you're wanting to manage sugars, that might be a better result for you than searching with low carb.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to eat enough volume of vegetables only (fruit has a lot of sugar) to feel satiated.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Some women with PCOS do need to manage carbs.....but I don't think it's the same for everyone. Check with your doctor.

Salads - are we talking main dish salads with protein? Pinterest has tons of ideas - google Mason Jar Salads. I find that I need a dose of protein & fat with my veggies to stay full.

Have you tried roasting veggies.....this would put fat in your recipe, but there are tons of seasonings you could change up.

1200 is a one-size-fits-all. Unless you are petite or elderly you could probably eat more & lose weight. It would be slower, but sticking with it, maintaining consistency is more important than speed. Plus moving more would give you more calories.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Look at a good vegan recipe site like Forks Over Knives for ideas. They won't all be low-carb, but there is so much, you can pick and choose. And double check with your doctor/nutritionist that low-carb is even really necessary.
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can always rub the chicken with turmeric, Cajun type spices n try in a little oil!? the nibbles?? Go for carrot sticks or cucumber with humus dips just to change it up now n again. If you must snack, snack healthy.
    Good Luck !
  • jessicaflanders3
    jessicaflanders3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so so so much everyone!!!!! I really appreciate the responses and advice!!