What is going on?

I have had such great weight loss. I have lost 28.5 pounds in two months. Now since last week, ( and the start of my period) I have stalled and the scale has even gone up a pound on some mornings! I haven't changed anything about my eating habits. Can anyone help me with ideas of how to get past this???

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    You have answered your own question, hormonal fluctuations. It's normal.

Your rate of loss is somewhat alarming though, what was your start weight?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Weight loss isn't linear - even if you are perfect (and no one is!) you will not lose weight consistently every week. And as others mentioned, women often gain and lose several lbs of water weight around their TOM.

You started with a lot of weight to lose, but even so you have been losing at an aggressive pace. You should know that that should not continue straight through your journey. With @ 75 lbs left to go, you should be expecting no more than 1.5 to 2 lbs per week at the most. And it will continue to slow down. If you continue losing really fast right straight through to the finish line, you will start to sacrifice muscle mass and undereat. Just please keep that in mind and take care of yourself :). Good luck!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    How did you lose all that weight so fast? Great job!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    I do not step on the scale during my period...I just don't. I seem to be able to handle the normal day to day weight fluctuations when I am not on my cycle but it turns ugly when I weigh while on it. You should be fine in a few days especially since you mentioned that you haven't changed any habits.

Great job on your weight loss.
  • Lovely_lily2003
    Lovely_lily2003 Posts: 7 Member
    tjkita wrote: »
    How did you lose all that weight so fast? Great job!

Thank you for your help. I started with Jenny Craig but then it got too expensive. I started using their concept, myfitnesspal, and buying my own food. I've been tracking my food and making sure to stay on target.
  • WVWalkerFriend
    WVWalkerFriend Posts: 575 Member
    Keep going with whatever you're doing for at least 4 weeks. If after 4 weeks nothing has changed you might want to rethink your calorie limits. For the time being it sounds like a crazy fluctuation, rather than a stall.
  • getupforchange
    getupforchange Posts: 86 Member
    I never worry about my weight when I'm on my period. Just eat like you would normally and get back on the scale next week and you will most likely find that you're back on track.
  • Lovely_lily2003
    Lovely_lily2003 Posts: 7 Member

I seem to always lose weight pretty fast. I was at 218. It's been pretty consistent until now.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member

I seem to always lose weight pretty fast. I was at 218. It's been pretty consistent until now.

Woah, that's incredibly fast. That was my start weight and I've had to be seriously undereating to achieve those losses, even accounting for some water weight.